Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What comes with the LED "Corbin style" Battle blad

Default What comes with the LED "Corbin style" Battle blad

Hi i was wondering what came with the LED "Corbin style" Battle blade kit? Would it be cheaper if i bought the stuff alone and assemble it myself or buy the complete kit?

dude read, it tells you whats in the darn thing.

thats what erks alot of folks around here, noone bothers to read, they just blurt out questions.

be glad X-Wing didnt get ya first, he's not as nice sometimes. an d frankly, i dont blame him sometimes either.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Default Re: What comes with the LED "Corbin style" Battle

Quote Originally Posted by Tekka
    Hi i was wondering what came with the LED "Corbin style" Battle blade kit? Would it be cheaper if i bought the stuff alone and assemble it myself or buy the complete kit?
    Of course... add up the parts yourself.

Do you intend on ever building more blades? If not you should buy the complete one.

If you don't have the tools for cutting the tube and gluing the tip it will cost more to DIY for just one blade. Over multiples it of course drops.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Quote Originally Posted by LAN-ED-TUL
    dude read, it tells you whats in the darn thing.

thats what erks alot of folks around here, noone bothers to read, they just blurt out questions.

be glad X-Wing didnt get ya first, he's not as nice sometimes. an d frankly, i dont blame him sometimes either.
    Ok first of all i did read. You don't gotta jump me for asking what exactly comes with the kit, as i understand it the kit comes with : Poly Tube, Shoulder Tip, and reflective disc, and film.

What i didn't understand was why it cost $34 because If you add Polytube $12.99 Tip $3.25, Mirror $0.31, Double Wrap Film $7.50 = only $24.05 That almost a $10 difference.

Also it doesn't say how long the tube is on the kit. Is it 36" or 38" or 40"?

thats because as a completed blade, Tim puts the tip on for you, and inserts the film or tube. you only need state the length you want.

Tim does this, but not for free. and if you didnt understand why on the price, then you should have asked that, the way you said it, sounded like, what all is in the blade?

to me, thats the way i took it.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    TK-6208

Council Member
    Jedi Master

It actually allows you to select the size of blade you want, from 24-40 inches.
    The price difference is for the labor that is put in to cut it to size, glue the reflector to the tip, glue the tip in place, roll a double wrap of film, set it in place.

As X pointed out, unless you are building more than one blade (i'd say more than 5) it's more cost effective to buy the pre-assembled blade.

either way, happy shopping.

thx clearing that up, and sorry for the vague question, next time i'll make my questions more clear, for a moment you sounded like those stupid trolls that jump all over noobies on my scion forums lol.

yeah, a lil more precisely asked question would of been helpful for sure.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    TK-6208

Also you got to factor in the Weld on #3 which I bough some this year and a pint set me back $22.00 shipping included. Definitely I also recommend unless you are planning on building a lot more blades in the future just buy one from tim.
    " I am a Jedi like my Father before Me"
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Council Member
    Sith Lord

HOLY THREAD REVIVAL BATMAN!
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!