Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations??

Default Recommendations??

If I read my notes & the TCSS forum sink pipe tutorial by Darthdan, then i should be good to go. Just need the 1.25" sink tube blade holder (black part on this pic) and the assorted electronics & led. I'm probably going to get a 1" - 3/4" reducer too so that when I do fanfilm, i can use the 3/4" dowel/carbon fiber solution instead of the polycarbonate blade (when i get to that point...baby steps ). I do not want the blade holder flush with the custom shroud, but i moved it back what looked like 3/4" to me.

So...if i'm correct...what i'll need is (from TCSS):

1.25" blade holder
    Hilt Electronics (kit or otherwise)
    LED kit
    blade + shouldered tip

Anything else you guys can think of?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The sinktubes... and you need to think about how to attache them all together. It looks like you could do with the adapter fine, but it depends on your intentions.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

And how are you going to cut the sink tube rings? Can't do it with a regular pipe cutter.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

That section seems like a lot of wasted effort to get what looks almost the same as the mhs ribbed extension with O rings
    I'm not anti-social, society is anti me

Saber-carying member of the FSM,
    Barfly at the Intergalactic Kegger

Quote Originally Posted by xwingband
    The sinktubes... and you need to think about how to attache them all together. It looks like you could do with the adapter fine, but it depends on your intentions.
    What's not visible in the picture is that there is a 1.25" sink tube underneath (where the adapter attaches). On top of that are cut pieces of 1.5" sink tube. Inside of the 1.5" pieces are 1.25" poly washers. I put the poly washers on the 1.25" tube, and then put the 1.5" tube on top of the poly washers for a nice, snug fit. I had my old (ugly) hilt done this way. They go on firm, and was a real pain to take it back apart...so i know the 1.5" on top of the 1.25" with the poly washers holds fine (trial by error).

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen
    And how are you going to cut the sink tube rings? Can't do it with a regular pipe cutter.
    With a Dremel (sp?) and a lot of patience

The hilt assembly isn't an issue...i'm mainly putting together a check-list of "to-gets" for the electric & blade parts (mainly electric pieces).

yup, similar assembly style to what I did with that saber. I have parts to do another, just need to get the blade holder from the store.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Lets just hope Horizons one works out as well as yours did Jay!

Horizon, can you post pic of your old one?
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Jay...i swear I wasn't tryin' to rip urs off....i just saw your thread for the 1st time today (awesome tutorial/overview btw).

Here's the only pic i've found so far of what it looked like before i decided to tackle putting a blade in it. The redesign I did was to bring it closer to the Darth Nihilus "Champions of the Force" picture.

If i can find the other one, i'll post it.

It doesn't matter where you get an idea, as long as it works! I've been tryingto think of a way to assemble this second saber without having to use the two sinktube adaptors, but there's really no way to use the TCSS blade holders without one. I'm not too sure how stable the connection would be to just use washers between the two sinktubes, so I'll be watching your thread closely!

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.