Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: led flicker?

Uh-oh... wait a minute. I *DO* recall something like this happening before on one of my Corbin boards...

only... it wasn't the batteries being low at all. Some kind of capacitor became loose on the board--it literally FELL off, lol...

It also happened on a second board at a later date--although this was about a year or so after owning the boards.

Check to see if all the parts on the board are securely on there. There are also tiny resistors--if any have fallen off or have broken, that could cause something problematic as well.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre
    What is the other clash sensor you used for corbins board? was it another mr sensor or one off a hasbro?

If you are using a hasbro spring/peg crap style sensor then it could be touching metal and screwing things up.
    it IS a crappy hasbro sensor. hmm... i'll take a look and see if the sensor is causing any issues. maybe wrap it in electrical tape or something. i wont be able to get to it for a day or two though because of school and work and everything else but when i do i'll let you guys know.

i BELIEVE i may have fixed it. there was a loose connection on the corbin board leading to my switch. i repaired that connection and it seemed to work but when i was cramming everything back in the hilt a wire came off one of the pads on the led and i don't have time tonight( wow its 4am... i guess its morning) to mess with it anymore. once i fix that connection we'll see....

Good luck.

A good idea is to have quick connectors whereever handy. Like the led. the switche. battery pack.

Makes craming it all togeather easyer.

If I had the room I would of done it.

yeah i'm kinda sitting in the same boat as far as quick connectors go. i only put one on the led and i really dont have room for anything else. i'm trying to cram my speaker, battery pack, mr board, corbin board and switch all in a hilt thats only like 11" long. its a pain.