Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: led flicker?

just a thought.... i originally had everything wired up with a hasbro speaker (to test the electronics while i waited for my new one from the shop) and it worked great.... once i replaced the speaker and crammed everything inside the hilt it started doing this flashing thing. any ideas?

The only thing I can think of is that you've got something grouning out against the hilt....butI'm guessing you've double checked all the wire connections.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Try going back to the old speaker... and also check the wiring.

But... I have a gut feeling it seems to me that Corbin's board is not getting enough juice. Corbin's board behaves exactly as your video shows when the batteries barely have enough to run the board.

Also--try fresh batteries, or if they are rechargeables, charge 'em.

Some things to note (sort of all "duh, we know" things):

* The FX board is clearly running--so that isn't the problem
    * The Corbin board technically "works", but it is behaving like it doesn't have enough power in my thinking
    * Your speaker is working--no pops/cut outs or clicks (in your video)... so that is not it.
    * The FX board is working... so it is certainly getting enough power from the batteries...

If all else fails, perhaps Corbin will see the thread and comment on it.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

yeah its been like this for a while and i hadn't had any time to mess with it before i posted this topic but the first thing i did was change the batteries just to make sure.

Only thing I can say is that maybe the batteries dont have enought power to power the setup.

Yes I have the flashing problem when my batterys are low, But then iam using the store AA 2600Mah pack.

I dont think AAA's have enought current to drive a lux on corbins board then have to power a sound board.

Make sure all connections are correct.

What mr sound board are you using?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah when using rechargeables Corbin recommends 5 for 6V. Especially with AAA's you're probably not giving it enough juice.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre
    What mr sound board are you using?
    its an esb vader

Quote Originally Posted by xwingband
    Especially with AAA's you're probably not giving it enough juice.
    well if that is the case then why would it work for the few weeks it sat on my desk before i got around to putting everything into the hilt?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

IDK, what's different... is it the same charge, etc...?
    RED LEADER Standing by!

only difference is the speaker. i had it hooked up to an old hasbro speaker to test the circuit until i got the premium speaker from the shop

Ok its pritty much the same setup as mine.

I have a corbin board with an 05 vader sound board and the origional speakers that tim used to sell.

I have a 4.8V2600mah AA rechargable battery pack. I got an accent led driven off the MR board with a resistor inbetween to keep it from frying.

I followed that diagram but I kept the origonal pig tail on the mr board to make things easyer instead of soldering to the sound board itself.

You changed speakers before you put it into the hilt.

I suggest to take everything out of the hilt and check all your connections about 5 times. test some things like the led, the speaker, the connections on the switch.

Did you put the 4 switch wires on the the right 4 tabs on the switch?

What is the other clash sensor you used for corbins board? was it another mr sensor or one off a hasbro?

If you are using a hasbro spring/peg crap style sensor then it could be touching metal and screwing things up.

We need details, pleast take it apart and let us know whats going on.