Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MR Board dimensions

Default MR Board dimensions

does anyone know the exact dimensions to the Mr boards and battery packs for any or all of the MR products?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The 3-cell models are about 1" x 2" and 6-cells are 1" x 2 1/4". They vary in height a bit... like the 6 cells usually are taller because of connectors and the 3-cells are no thicker than about 1/4".
    RED LEADER Standing by!

So if i were to basically open up any of my MR sabers i would essentially have a 1"x2" board.
    The reason i was asking was because i bought a machined hilt and was trying to get some lights and sound set up on it.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah, it will be close to that. The 6-celled models are a bit longer and thicker. If you are decent with a soldering iron one of the 3-cell models could fit in 1".
    RED LEADER Standing by!

i guess ill have to take it apart tonight and use my caliper to see the exact measurements.
    I personally like the idle sound of The darth maul saber best and since the Custom saber shop has no sound boards or boards in stock id just use it for a conversion.
    I should be able to do a direct transfer of the speaker and board and then convert that to a lux3 though?
    I have never done anything like this before so i really wanna research the best and easiest options before i go ahead with it.

Removing the speaker from the battery pack can be daunting on certain MR models, but it can be done.

However, whenever possible--it's pretty good to keep the battery + speaker pack the way it is. It's pretty nice on saving space. Problem is... I don't think it will fit in the ID of an MHS. I could be wrong.

The board should fit just fine in any MHS part that I can imagine.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

so i got it all apart thanks to the tutorials on here which are so accurate it only took a few minutes!

The batter pack and speaker will fit almost perfect, but the sound module is well, over sized to say the least. So i will have to take it apart and then make a new "holder" for it.

Is that possible has anyone tried that?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah... done all the time. The dimensions I gave are for the board not the holder. I assumed you didn't want to use it. Oh well.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

whats the best way to go about taking the plastic appart without busting whats inside?

and also what do i do then? is there a forum u can direct me to for that...
    FYI u guys are really good at helping people out... i cant wait to be done and get some pics up!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I'd heat it up a bit and just take a knife down the seams.

A forum??? How about this one? :P It is all about building sabers.

It all depends on what you are putting it into, but I like just cutting up a 1.25" plastic sinktube. If the space is tight enough I'd just use a little hotglue on the board joints then heatshrink the board... maybe a little foam on it.

If you have tons of space locking it down to another piece of pipe is nice.
    RED LEADER Standing by!