Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tools of the Trade

Blog Entries

I actually use a Sears Craftman rotary tool. Craftsman warranty is top notch. I've seen them take back a wrench purchased in the 70's. I would go with as much variable speed as you can afford. I like the ones with a variable speed lever marked off,1,2,3,4,5.

And I must stress the safety glasses. Don't go cheap on those. At least $15 - a bargain for keeping your eyeballs intact.

Lightsaber Warning Label: "CAUTION: Do NOT attempt to sharpen blade."

http://www.geocities.com/projectstm/lightsaber.html

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Get the one that fits your budget and don't cheap out. Avoid the cordless ones.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I love my cordless dremel. Unless you plan on cutting allot the batterys last fine.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

I'll second that on the cordless Dremel mine works great, I use an old electric one for major cutting and the new battery one for everything else.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Strydur

I love my cordless dremel. Unless you plan on cutting allot the batterys last fine.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Each to his own... I think the huge battery off of the back is a pain. I use the snake attachment most of the time since I can't stand holding the normal part. It's so bulky.[]

I have an XPR if anyone's interested. Things a beast and beauty at the same time.[] I love all the attachments I can use now too. Beats having to go to the woodshop of my school just to do one cut.[]

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by scaarmor

...I have even sometimes, after working on a car when I didnt bleed, cut myself and thrown blood at the car to make sure it worked properly.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Do you give your clients a free carwash with that? []

Born of Sith, seduced by the light.