Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Which side do you wear your saber on?

I'm right-handed and wear my saber to my left. I draw a little oddly...I draw with my right hand and squeeze the covertec with my thumb and pinky. I palm the saber out of the clip and give it a teeny teeny toss to reorient the saber (when I palm the saber out of the clip, i'm holding the butt of the hilt with my thumb and pinky wrapped around it. The little toss lets me shift my grip so I'm holding the hilt normally). I have no idea why this works for me...now that I type it out and have read this thread, my method of drawing sounds rather awkward to me. But it's a habit now.

Though...since we have to, irl, put a blade in the saber anyway after we draw...there's no real point in the super-elegant draw+ignition. When in costume, I have my saber blades tucked in a pocket in my robes. But even then if I want to draw my saber with its blade attached, I have to make sure the thumbscrew is loose, remove the hilt from the covertec, jam the hilt down into the blade, and draw the lightsaber out of my robes and tighten the thumbscrew. It's not really fast and elegant...

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

Both.

I wear my sabers on each side, as I dual wield a lot. I wear them more toward the rear on the belt. I find it easier to access them that way.

The Jedi wore their sabers on the left side, an act being passive. Sith wear it on the right, thats why Maul's is on the right, and why Sidious' comes out of his right sleeve. Dooku, on the other hand, wears his on the left because he was a Jedi before a Sith. Usually the reason you see Jedi wearing the sabers on the right side is because of a film flip. They flip the image for one reason or another, thus saber being on a different side.

I wear mine on the left.

I use one of tims stainless steel beltclips which doesnt need an extra hand to draw, I've found it easier to wear it on my right hip so it swings free when I run, I drew one handed with my right.

I'm right handed and wear mine on the left side.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

after much deliberation and after reading everyone elses opinion, i decided i was more comfortable wearing it on my right side. the covertech opens up easy enough that i can use my thumb and pinky to open it and my other 3 fingers to slide the saber up and out. as someone else said, once out, i either give it a slight toss or relax my grip to let it slide into a prime dueling grip

Youngling

I'm more comfortable on the right, quite frontal. and I'm a lefty.

Also, re the covertec clips - I use a small piece of black plastic to have one side held open inside the clip. I find my saber is still secure and it's a lot easier to get to just hitting the one button, which I do with my right hand. (Works fine for me, but I've not tested it much - so don't just take my word for it before doing backflips in a carpark with your saber attached or something )

Get one those metal covertec belt clips in the store, they don't have buttons.
    Alderaan shot first.

Youngling

I didn't think of them. Do you have one? If so, how do you find it and how securely is a covertec hilt held compared to the original covertec belt clip?

For me, although they're versatile, I'd prefer the look of either a dedicated metal D-ring clip or covertec holder, rather than one that does both but has an extraneous feature on it.

(...heads over to store suggestions thread).

I wear mine in two positions (depending on the mood) I either wear it on my left side. Or I made a special rightt hip mounted holster for my saber.