Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Which side do you wear your saber on?

I use dual sabers, but I don't cross draw. I've worked my hands out to draw them straight up with no problem or delay.

Quote Originally Posted by petriomelony
    there is also a somewhat practical/thematic reason Jedi wear it and cross draw:

when a padawan was following their master, they would follow behind with the master infront and to the right, and when they drew their saber, it was on the left so as not to accidently slice their master in half
    I have to disagree, sorry.
    As Lucas loved classic Samurai movies like Hidden fortress, he based the Jedi on Samurai. that's why Kenobi had very Kimono-inspired robes. This has been confirmed long ago by him in interviews.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Quote Originally Posted by Barmic Rin
    Jetsi, the reason for that is simple:

Ray Parks is left handed! And since it's the opposite of the jedi way, all us lefties are evil!!!!!
    Not true lol. I'm naturally left handed but I'm a right handed fencer.

Lightsaber goes on the left as it does with all Jedi (That I know of )

not sure which side i should wear mine.

I am right handed, and i think i'll let my saber hang on my right side.

if i have two i put one on both sides.

Parks is on the left side. Seriously.

Left handed

Covertec on the right

EVEN THE ACTION FIGURE IS A LEFTY, WITH CLIP ON THE RIGHT!

Alot is personal choice, but I wear mine on the right.

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:

im right handed, wear my clip and saber on the left, but release and draw with left hand, its to hard for me to cross draw it.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

When I first saw what side Maul has his, I thought Sith had them on the right.

But looks at the Jedi on the left here (Your left):

They changed Saessee's choice for two reasons in ROTS.

1) If he drew from the left, he'd block the view of Agen Kolar drawing his & be hidden by Sammy J.

2) They changed the actor. It's a different guy than the one that played him in TPM & AOTC. The new guy allegedly had trouble cross drawing with the prosthetic fingertips he wore.

If you look in the comics, they sometimes switch sides (as Obi-wan's does on Tatooine in TPM).
    Example, Legacy no. & (I believe) had Wolf Sazen place his saber on his belt on the right in one frame, but it hangs on the left in the next. Since he only has one arm, he usually has it on the right to allow his style.

Default Which side

Hi all
    I normally carry more than one saber, so it's hard to say. I CAN say that when I've just got one, and it's on my belt, I tend to wear it on strong side front (known as the appendix carry). That would be on the front of my left hip, since I tend to use my left hand mostly. I'm actually right handed, but I swordfight, shoot and do most other things left handed. For writing, I generally use my right though, although I can switch hands if I get tired.
    If I have a saber on my front right side, I tend to use my right hand in an inverted grip to draw it. Since I have a hook on my belt there, I don't have to operate a clip or anything. Obviously, unless you carry a saber across your back, it's pretty impractical to have a blade attached unless you're carrying the saber in your hand. But I suppose we're talking in a Star Wars universe where the blade wouldn't be an issue.
    I'm currently working on a system that can best be described as a shoulder holster for a set of sabers. I'll eventually post pics.

Corbin