Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Which side do you wear your saber on?

Yes I do beleave he does cause I remember when he jumpted off the platform after knocking vader off with the gas hose he clipted it on the right.

But iam sure with a dring the right side would be best for a nice quick draw.

But the imperial knights wear there dringed saber on the left.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Thanks to everyone for your help.

I was outside this evening, practicing drawing my saber the way Jedi Loreen suggested. I'm getting better at it. I can draw it, find the button, and ignite it reasonably quickly. I may move the covertec a little further away from the pommel to have more saber to grab.

By the way, my neighbours must think I'm a lunatic!

Oh well. Just wait until they see me doing it in costume!

Well, try going to a family BBQ with a mando helmet & Burger King crown!! You get some strange looks then!!! I'll post pics later.

I know jedi were very much inspired by Samurai stylings (G.L. loved movies like 'Hidden Fortress' as a kid) but for ease I wear my saber on my right.

I also wore my Katana on the right. It feels too cumbersome to were on the left.

Obi, do experiment with the covertec at various distances from the pommel for what works best for you.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

While most of the film jedi wore their sabres on the left not all in fact did. There are a couple who wear it on the right.

Im right handed and wear it on the left. Drawing it isnt a problem though, I can grip the pommel and squeeze the clip all with my left hand as I draw it up and out while my right hand moves across to grip near the emmitter once the sabre is clear of the belt. Its a natural smooth movement and only requires a bit of practice.
    Phil Higgins

While most of the film jedi wore their sabres on the left not all in fact did. There are a couple who wear it on the right.

Im right handed and wear it on the left. Drawing it isnt a problem though, I can grip the pommel and squeeze the clip all with my left hand as I draw it up and out while my right hand moves across to grip near the emmitter once the sabre is clear of the belt. Its a natural smooth movement and only requires a bit of practice.
    Phil Higgins

I was doing some research for my Sith costume, and looking to Darth Maul for a little inspiration, and noticed his clip is on the right hand side. At least it is, according to Obi-Wan's academy.

Don't believe it was ever shown in the movie, but now I want to watch and see if you can see it. Thanks to the Academy for using their picture.

Toil awhile ... endure awhile ... believe always ... and never turn back.

I'm right handed and I wear my clip on the right. I draw my saber with one hand like Jedi Loreen.

Proud owner of the last two style 6 MHS blade holders!
    <('-'<)(>'-')><('-'<)<('-'<)(>'-')>(>'-')><('-'<)(>'-')>

I am a lighside Jedi, righthanded and always wear my Saber on the Left side.
    " I am a Jedi like my Father before Me"
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Jetsi, the reason for that is simple:

Ray Parks is left handed! And since it's the opposite of the jedi way, all us lefties are evil!!!!!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

there is also a somewhat practical/thematic reason Jedi wear it and cross draw:

when a padawan was following their master, they would follow behind with the master infront and to the right, and when they drew their saber, it was on the left so as not to accidently slice their master in half