Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: multi led hilt system

yep, a vader MR was setup with a rgb led.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xwingband

Nope, each individual color is 3W.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?

</center>
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

WOW, sweet! The last I read, was that those 3-in-1 dealies were limited to 1w per diode. Now that they are 3w each, I'm going to find one for myself, I think!

<center>
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/Dahak/</center>

I am talking about quick connect LEDs []

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xwingband

Nope, each individual color is 3W.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I hate to bring the bad news, but that isn't accurate. According to the ProLight 3W RGB Data Sheet found here:

http://www.led-bulbs.com/html/prolight/3WRGB.pdf

Each color inside the 3w RGB is rated at 350ma (just like a 1watt Luxeon), which indicates that each color is, in-fact, a 1w diode.

http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

Thanks for clearing that up Ultra, when I looked at getting one of these I saw those specs and thought the same thing but I figured I may be missing something.

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Sorry, I was just going off a statement of Gelu's that must have misunderstood. Little deceptive to call it a 3W then... bummer.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?

</center>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by ani104

I am talking about quick connect LEDs []
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

i was refering to martys post.

[img][/img]

well hows the light coming from a 1 watt anywho?? I was also thinking of what Xwing said about using four mini-potentiometers... first why 4? next now that is known that its 1 watt per led iy wouldnt be such a battery hog now would it? the other thought has anyone used a uv luxeon??

I am at a loss here.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse
    well hows the light coming from a 1 watt anywho?? I was also thinking of what Xwing said about using four mini-potentiometers... first why 4? next now that is known that its 1 watt per led iy wouldnt be such a battery hog now would it? the other thought has anyone used a uv luxeon??
    Four pots because I happen to have an RGBY instead of an RGB. Each pot will control a seperate color.

It'd be a little more of a battery hog running at 350mA each... not much though.
    RED LEADER Standing by!