Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: multi led hilt system

Default multi led hilt system

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry for the stupidity but iv'e heard that you can put more than one led in the same handle with a slide switch so you can change the color of the blade without makeing a new hilt, or re building an exisiting led hilt, if this is possible how would it be done and what would need to be done to do it?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Thanks for switching this to the right forum. I saw the switcharoo.[] I was going to reply then poof it wasn't there.[]

Right now there are three options. The quick connect LEDs Tim now offers, simply switch out the LED. Second, a white LED with the gel filters. Third, what I think you are actually refering to is the RGB LED.

We dicussed it here first:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sa...p?TOPIC_ID=166

There are also threads floating around on them, but that will probably tell you the most.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

thanx xwingband that is what i was looking for so how does it work,,sorry i am very new at this[]

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The RBG is esentially an LED that has three in one (You can see from the one close up that there is 3 of the diodes inside the LEDs dome). A Red, Blue and Green. You can use two three position toggle switches to get the four color combos Tetmatek posted (if I understand what he said correctly). If you wanted to mix and match at different levels of each you'd have to have four mini-potentiometers. While you could theoretically get infinite colors out of it it'd be better to stick to the four since activating more than 1 at different levels is a battery hog from what I hear. Since esentially it is 3 3W LEDs in one running three together would at least cut battery life into a fourth (a half and another half at the third color).

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

About the quick contact LEDs, can someone tell me more about them?

All help is appreciated[]

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The quick connects are LEDs using the quick dissconnect wires. Instead of hardwiring the LED in it has a way of coming out with out desoldering...

Then you can have a set of heatsink and LED parts out and switch the colors that way.[] It takes a bit more work to change colors than the colored discs but it keeps the original brightness.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?

</center>

Actually, I think that they are 1w diodes, for a total of 3w.

<center>
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/Dahak/</center>

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Nope, each individual color is 3W.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?

</center>

Thanks Xwing[]

One more question, has this been done to an MR saber[?]