Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: drilling into pommel

I have worn both sabers with D-rings at the very end and a covertec. The D-ring saber moved around more when I walked, against my leg, which was less comfortable. The D-ring also "claps" against the metal when I move the saber.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn
    If that were my saber, I'd put a covertec right between one of the rear grips, wherever you think would be the most comfortable spot for one to have the saber hanging from a belt. Don't worry about drilling and tapping for the screw, it's very easy to do.
    I like this idea. does the black convertec on the site that comes with the belt clip need to be screwed in like the silver one?
    The Sith must remain as thus, hidden, unseen and unheard of... we must remain like a shadow in the dark.

On my personal hilt, my Covertec is about 2" from the pommel end, not too much swing, & easy to pull off the belt.

I do love the look of the D-ring, but trying my graflex, it just swings too much when you walk.

I agree with Jay for your one, but it is your choice afterall.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ultionis
    I like this idea. does the black convertec on the site that comes with the belt clip need to be screwed in like the silver one?
    Yup. It should come with the screw, all three of the ones I have came with one, but then again, I got them from another source. They can use the same screw size as the button heads in the store, 8-32 x 3/8".

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.