Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay-gon's PVC Hilts - Full tutorial on last page

Jay, you gonna do a white 1w?
    Doing one for my niece & will be using pink Lee film in the blade.
    I hope it comes out as cool as yours are.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

I wasn't planing on doing a white one, but now that I've broken the dome on my amber one, I'll be ordering a replacement, so I might just get one of each. I'm not sure how I broke it, I must've put the tubing cutters down on top of it by mistake.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I finished up two more: These two are longer than the rest for bigger hands and will have longer blades:

I still need to add the grip marks to these two.

The above pics were taken using blades from my MHS/hardware sabers. All of the blades I made for the pvc sabers so far have a single wrap of Corbin's film and about 4.5 feet of cellophane, for the "Dual-Core Blade Diffuser" look that I like.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I finished the last one that I parts for:

This one is the last of the curved hilts I have, and uses an Amber Lux I Star. The blade is borrowed from one of the other hilts, as I don't have any more made yet. Need some more parts from the store....

And a group shot of the finished sabers:

Haha, that's great. It's like an armory of lightsabers...for jedi troopers or something, when they lose their sabers in battle and don't have time to build a new one before the next fight begins.

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Boy, you could decorate your house for Christmas with all those sabers!

I have one more to add to the completed list:

It also seperates into two by unscrewing the coupler (the batteries have a tendency to fall out, though):

a couple form fitting ear plugs can help on the battery problem there, good looking double by the way
    FSM What's on your belt?

Good idea there SuperT. If that doesn't work, I was thinking maybe some really big cotton balls.

Hey jay-gonn. What size drill bit do you use when you drill into your pvc pipes (preferably for 6-32 screws)? Do you still use the one paired with it on the store site? Or a smaller size?