Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Jay-gon's PVC Hilts - Full tutorial on last page

Default The Blades

No they are mostly for costuming! More for having and playing around with them a little bit! We are having a big Star Wars Halloween this year so it should be fun having the party lit up with a ton of lightsabers! Anyways thanks for the advice on the screws. i actually saw how Ultrasabers is putting their screw in to hold the blade in place so I may use the same technique. I'll post some pics soon!
    "I will find them quickly master!"

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    No they are mostly for costuming! More for having and playing around with them a little bit! We are having a big Star Wars Halloween this year so it should be fun having the party lit up with a ton of lightsabers! Anyways thanks for the advice on the screws. i actually saw how Ultrasabers is putting their screw in to hold the blade in place so I may use the same technique. I'll post some pics soon!
    Sounds fun! I also used the same method Ultrasabers used to use in their Initiates a few years ago. I'm not sure if he's changed it much since then, but they used to also use the threaded insert and an 8-32 socket head cap screw as well.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Default ...

Kal Al Rah, I just ordered blades today! (Mid-Grade blades from Ultra). Can't wait til they come so I can finally get my saber done. I'll post pics once i get the blade on! :]

And once again, thanks for all the help Jay and sorry it took me so long to understand everything. lol.

You're welcome to the city where your future is set forever!

Default ...

ok, I see how you put the blade retention bolt on now, you put it on the coupler, I didn't see that before. XD i was completely confused on how you put the blade retention bolt on, lol. By the way, how long does it usually take to preccess and ship blades from ultrasabers? I ordered 2 of the mid-grades like I said.and TCSS is back up for me as you can see, lol.

It usually takes a couple of weeks to get something from Ultrasabers.....sometimes three depending on how busy they are.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Default ...

Hey Jay, can I just buy a blade and a tip and not worry about any film? or would it look better with the film, or would it matter?

no, you have to have someting in the blade to catch and disperse/diffuse the light from the led...if you don't the blade won't light up at all.

Default ...

Yo Jay, I just ordered the thinwalled 1 inch blades and tip, I was wondering, will the gift wrap fit in the 36 inch blade length wise? i'm just doing a double wrap. also, how the tip comes with the disk, how to i put that on? our blades will be in by monday or tuesday next week so i'll have my saber done finally and pics up! :]

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergarcia87 View Post
    Yo Jay, I just ordered the thinwalled 1 inch blades and tip, I was wondering, will the gift wrap fit in the 36 inch blade length wise? i'm just doing a double wrap. also, how the tip comes with the disk, how to i put that on? our blades will be in by monday or tuesday next week so i'll have my saber done finally and pics up! :]
    you'll need much more than a double wrap....follow this to see how to do it:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=7274

The blade tips come with the mirrored film already applied, all you need to do is remove the protective film that covers the mirror.

Default ...

so get about two rolls for both blades to do a quade wrap? i was just gonna use the whole roll for a double wrap so i dont have to spend too much on the stuff.