Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay-gon's PVC Hilts - Full tutorial on last page

It honestly would have been easier to help him had he just copied them....it's why this was posted in the first place, really. to show how east it can be be to build a simple light-up saber for very little money.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I kept trying to tell him to just do it exactly like you did them, Jay, because they are simple, and they work.

But he won't listen to me.

And I don't understand your quote, cc.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

super ultra jedi master yoda garcia said that he wasnt going to do it like jay because that would be copyright infringement... cardcollector was merely having an anuerysm in the thread after reading it

I <3 Mako

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    I kept trying to tell him to just do it exactly like you did them, Jay, because they are simple, and they work.

But he won't listen to me.

And I don't understand your quote, cc.
    Since there were two main topics I wanted to adress I tried to outline them in red and blue. For some reason the red wouldn't work...
    I didn't understand what a "lightsaber card with a blade meant". Do you?
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I couldn't even find where you quoted that from. And no, I'm not sure what he meant, either.

And there's also a feature called Multi-quote, try it next time you want to quote more than one post in a thread.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Default ...

Yo, don't be so rude. I just have different ideas for my sabers. I won't need to spend extra aside from two mid-grade ultra blades because we got those type of bolts here. Sorry if they don't turn out exactly like Jay's sabers but I want mine to be different. Plus he said it was ok if I did different stuff to my sabers than exactly like his.

Default ...

Got my saber done on saturday finally! I'll post pics once I get the blades. Mine turned out pretty good for a first try I think.

Can't wait to see the pics.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Default My PVC Saber

Okay so a bunch of friends and I have got on a kick of building some PVC sabers! I've been mainly building the hilts and buying the LED's and lenses from TCSS! I love this place!!! Anyways I'll post some pics once I have them all together.

I need an opinion though. I bought some Acrylic tubing from a site for pretty cheap. Then I'm going to get some PEX tubing to run inside as a diffuser. I do believe it will also help the strength of the blade and make it light up nicely. My question is how do you think I should mount it to my hilt? Because I am going with PVC I'm not using any type of hold on the inside. I do have a make shift Heat sink that the LED and lenses are sitting on so should I sit the tubes down on them or use some screws???

Im new to the board and its been a pleasure reading all the cool stuff you guys have put on here.

Thanks!
    "I will find them quickly master!"

I sincerely hope you don't plan on smacking those acrylic blades together....they'll shatter if you do. You can use screws if you want to to act as a blade stopper...they're your hilts.
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 06-09-2009 at 02:26 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.