Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay-gon's PVC Hilts - Full tutorial on last page

Default ...

Loreen, I'm using a 4 AAA battery holder. My step-dad sanded out the insides then sanded some of the holder and now it fits perfectly. I think 4 AAA batteries will work fine. Also, which one of these resistors should I use?I'm thinking probably the blue colored one but I'm not sure. Anyway, Loreen, how does my saber look so far?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default ...

Oh, also, How do I mount my switch on? I'm using the square type from radioshack. Oh and, if I get an Ultra blade, can I just use a threaded bolt and I'd be fine? I'm getting 2 24 inch Ultra Initiate blades cause there the cheapest so I'm just going for those. My sabers will be done in a few weeks!

To mount that switch, you'd just have to drill a hole that is slightly smaller than the threads on the switch and push it in. Those switches use a nut on the bottom, and getting it tightened inside the pvc tube is a nightmare.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Default ...

How is my first pvc saber attempt Jay-gon? It has the kind of tape used on baseball bats as grips and o-ring grips at the top. Where the switch is at, is that where the led stuff would sit at? And, I was wondering, can I use a 24 inch ultra initiate blade for my saber or would that be too short since the switch is in the middle of the hilt? I should be getting the electronics installed today then alls I gotta do is wait for the blades. I like my saber. Looks different. I'll post new pics once its completed which should be in a few weeks, I'm hoping in two weeks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blade length is entirely up to you, though I'd keep it under 36 inches.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Default ...

Thanks Sairon. Sorry, I'm usually off by 10 pm my time. So the 24 inch Ultra Initiate blade would work fine? And what I was thinking about doing, I was going to put a bolt 2 inches under the coupler so the led stuff could sit on that. Plus it'd help as a blade holder too. So, how does my saber look so far as a first attempt? I'm doing a metal saber hilt here in a few months if I get on s.s.i. I was going to save up for awhile to get the hilt stuff and a crystal focus board for sound.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ength+question

This thread should help you answer the blade length question.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Default ...

Thanks cardcollector. I'm going with a 24 inch ultra initiate blade. will that be good for my hilt card? what i was going to do, and im sticking with it still, is put a bolt 2 inches below the coupler and the led stuff will sit on that and that'll hold the blade as well. I'm not doing my sabers exactly like Jay-gon because that would be somewhat copy righting. Or maybe if i can ill get a 30 inch blade from here and just get some gift wrap and make a blade myself.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergarcia87;133070
    [COLOR="Red"
    will that be good for my hilt card[/COLOR]I'm not doing my sabers exactly like Jay-gon because that would be somewhat copy righting.
    I don't understand??

There are no copyrights you need to worry about in building thses PCV sabers. Most people just give Jay the thanks for his awesome Sabers.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...