Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay-gon's PVC Hilts - Full tutorial on last page

This reminds me of those padawan sabers Ultra used to have... although I don't know if he still does them.

I bought some to give him some patronage (along with an Obi conversion), and gave two padawan sabers to a pal of mine for his kid & hid kid's cousin... and I gave the Obi to an old friend of mine who was FAR more of an SW fan than was I.

Strangely enough, Aaron doesn't talk to me anymore. That's the thanks I get, eh?!?!!? No respect I tell ya, no respect!!!

But seriously, nice work Jay and X... I should have had YOU guys make the padawan sabers for BOP III!!!! D'OH!!!!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Th epvc hilts you see above are the new line of ultras diy kiddy sabers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre
    Th epvc hilts you see above are the new line of ultras diy kiddy sabers.
    Uh, no. The ones above were made by Jay-gon Jinn.
    I'm not anti-social, society is anti me

Saber-carying member of the FSM,
    Barfly at the Intergalactic Kegger

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

He means they are the same stuff... obviously they're Jay-Gon's.

It took me a bit to find the right PVC... I finally realized my Home Depot just sucked big time. I've found all the various elbows and couplers no problem at Lowes.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

My local Do-it Center hardware had most of the parts, but Lowe's had the end caps. The pvc conduit pipe I used for the hilts I got at the Do-it hardware 'cause they'll sell it to me by the foot. I bought a 5 foot piece that didn't have any writng on it, so that helps alot, not having to try to strip the writing off. My polyC tubes for the blades arrived today, so I can get to work making those.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I got one test-wired and assembled it to compare it to one of my Ultrasabers Initiates:

My pvc hilt is on the bottom, both are red Lux I's, mine is straight off the batteries (2 AAA's), the Initiate has 4 AAA's (6 volts) and a resistor. Both are using a stock thick-walled Initiate 24" Ultrablade.

The Initiate is slightly brighter for now, but that should change once I get my Micropucks from Luxeonstar. I have also found that I have enough room in the hilt for two AAA packs, so I may wire in another parrallel to increase the battery life.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

My parts arrived yesterday, so I got a few of these wired up:

Here is the red one compared to my Ultra initiate (Initiate is on top, mine is on the bottom):

The micropuck makes these led's really shine, if you ever decide to build some sabers with Lux I's, these are a must!

Here are the red and green pvc sabers compared to my red and green Lux III' powered MHS/hardware sabers:

A properly driven Lux I star with a short enough blade looks almost as bright as an MR driven lux III star.

The two "Lil' Tyrants" as I like to call them are using red/orange Lux I star as well, and are driven with micropucks:

They look more orange in person, but I didn't feel like messing with the settings on the camera more than I already did.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Those look really good Jay Gon

great work

definately some good poop there, keep up the good work
    FSM What's on your belt?