Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay-gon's PVC Hilts - Full tutorial on last page

I'd like to do this one....having a bit of problem finding some of the material to get it all to fit.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There is no light or dark. This is the true nature of the Force. I stand before you with knowledge and understanding. You stand before me with a lightsaber.

Quote Originally Posted by Melek Taus View Post
    I'd like to do this one....having a bit of problem finding some of the material to get it all to fit.

You do realize that the saber in the pic is NOT made from PVC, right?

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Well it looks like there is a sink tube going down the middle of it and the emitter looks like a shower nozzle with a washer somehow mounted in it, but the majority of it does actually look like it's PVC. The grip material looks like goved shower mat material or something similar.

However, I want to make it out of pvc....that was the point of my post. Has anyone been successful doing it?

Melek
    There is no light or dark. This is the true nature of the Force. I stand before you with knowledge and understanding. You stand before me with a lightsaber.

I've fantasized about it. Get some chrome sink tube and 1 1/4 pvc (I don't know why they call it that, nothing on it is 1 1/4) and trim it as you go. The buttons will have to be cast, more than likely.
    I refuse to accept your reality and substitute it with my own.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Melek Taus View Post
    Has anyone been successful doing it?
    I think it pretty safe to say: No. But that doesn't mean it's not possible.

So, I made a bunch of PVC Sabers. I can't keep them because it cost me a ton of money to make, money I didn't realize I had spent until I figured up the cost of making them all. So to ebay with them.

Here's a picture of all of them.

WOW, this is such a great thread. I have been milling around this forum for a couple weeks now before I registered trying to learn what I can about building my own lightsaber. This turned in to a bigger project as my 3 yr old some decided he wanted a "red" lightsaber (he loves Darth Vader). So wanting to do something simple for him and allow myself the time to start out slowly I was thinking about doing a sink pipe version. Now seeing how great and "easy" a PVC saber can be I have found my doorway into building my first saber. This is really the best way to start out I think.... the true padawan saber, lol.

How short can the body of the hilt be to leave enough room for the wires and such? I don't want it to be too cramped for the wiring and battery pack and not too big for my son's hands.

Jay, do you happen to have any more of your "initiate" style hilts available. Wouldn't hurt having a working model to use for reference.

The shortest hilt I managed to cram all of the parts and wiring into is 6 inches. The 1 1/4" conduit pvc is about the right size for smaller hands, but you could also use 1" andput in a 3/4" blade if that's too large for him.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

thanks, this will be a bit of trial and error I am sure. I will be looking for parts this week and see what I can come up with.

Being a 3 yr old, he isn't too destructive, but loves to swing a sword around. would the 3/4' be too brittle?

Also, aside from the blade, would I pretty much be able to find all the electronics at the local Radio Shack or are there some specifics that I would have to get from TCSS?

Those are pretty effin sweet!
    Great for younger kids as I read in here.

You would probably sell a bunch at a large con like DragonCon :P