Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo 3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Halo 3

Anyone here get it yet? i just got it this morning at midnight. Boy lemme tell ya, its very overrated but its still fun as hell since it has new game elements, new guns, vehicles, characters, levels, etc.
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It looks cool. I've never played the first two even, since I don't have an X-Box.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

first one was amazing when i first played it, thats what caused me to get an xbox back in like 02 or something. Then i got 2 and now i have 3 its so dang nice though.
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

Im most likely going to get a 360 just to play the Halo series and Bioshock.
    Blue 4 "Im hit!"

I hate Halo 1, though 2 has much better multiplayer. 3 Looks great (the higher resolution should bring it a little closer to PC-quality); I'm gonna need a 360 sometime. Maybe next year; this year I need a car and a laptop.
    TCSS Red Squadron - The most kickawesome fighting force in the Galaxy.

Which Blue Luxeon is movie-accurate? Find out here.

Quote Originally Posted by 987654321a
    first one was amazing when i first played it, thats what caused me to get an xbox back in like 02 or something. Then i got 2 and now i have 3 its so dang nice though.
    Notice how he only mentioned Halo 2 in passing. IMO, Halo 2's single player (Which is what you should buy a game for, buying for multi player is stupid) Was dull, boring, and the switch between characters took me out of the action. The SP was way shorter than the first one, I beat it the day I got it.

Red 6 Standing By

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdoTransvestite
    Notice how he only mentioned Halo 2 in passing. IMO, Halo 2's single player (Which is what you should buy a game for, buying for multi player is stupid) Was dull, boring, and the switch between characters took me out of the action. The SP was way shorter than the first one, I beat it the day I got it.
    I agree that Halo was definitely better than Halo 2 in the single-player department, but I don't think you should buy a game just based on the single player. With online gaining momentum, multiplayer is as important a part of a game as single player. Think about a game like Super Smash Brothers Melee, or any fighting game for that matter. For the most part, the single player portion is abysmal. Buying a game just for the single player is like buying a movie just for the pictures and watching it without sound. Sure, it could still be good, but you're missing out on a lot of the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky Bantha
    Think about a game like Super Smash Brothers Melee, or any fighting game for that matter. For the most part, the single player portion is abysmal.
    I dunno, I played SSBM for probably hundreds of hours on my own. I've now got all the trophies.

Halo's multiplayer is really what makes it great. The Single-player story in Halo 1 was nonexistent, and it was just strange, confusing, and anticlimactic in 2.
    When I saw the first Halo 2 gameplay trailer, I went "OMG!!! YOU'RE ON EARTH! AND IT'S BEING INVADED AND YOU'RE THE LAST HOPE!! AND THERE'S VARIED GAMEPLAY WITHIN THE LEVELS, WITH MULTIPLE WAYS TO PROCEED!!" Then the game came out, and they threw you back on another stupid ring. -_-
    It's like "You're Earth;s last great hope! Okay, two levels of that is enough. Let's abandon Earth for a bit and go back to those terribly boring and repetitive rings...."

Oh, but the multiplayer.... *shivers-up-spine*
    I love the fact that there are a thousand noobs on XBL who have no real skill, and just act like moving targets.
    TCSS Red Squadron - The most kickawesome fighting force in the Galaxy.

Which Blue Luxeon is movie-accurate? Find out here.

I am with J-lo I haven't played any of Halo games since also X-Box less, I guess you could say I am more of a PC Gamer.
    " I am a Jedi like my Father before Me"
    ----------------------------------------------------------

I tryed to play the game to see if I would like it and quite frankly I dont.

Intresting story, neato weapons but the game play and the controlls are just messed up. after a couple hours of playing the games I got a cramp in my hand from the bulky as hell controller. had to strech my fingers to get to a couple buttons.

I watched my brother play H3 and it looks intresting but not enought for me to play it.

Again this comming from a sony fan boy.

Cant wait till I get a ps3 and game companys start remaking older games.

I would love to see what FF7 lookslike remade for the ps3.