Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Family Guy Starwars.

I was so ticked on Sunday...at about 10, I thought, hey....the starwars special is tonight....then I rushed over to check the listings and it was long over already

But thank the Force for bittorrent...That was an awesome episode . I've been dying to see this since the sneak preview at the con.

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I just wish they didn't have a pedophile as one of the main characters in this.

I know this character is in a lot of the regular shows, but the fact that they chose him to portray the venerable Obi-Wan character bothers and disturbs me.

And don't tell me to lighten up. If you've ever been the victim of such a person, you wouldn't think that character is so funny.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Eh, Herbert is sort of one of those characters I ignore when he comes on screen. I do have to say though, I liked his lightsaber fight with Stewie.

As a side note...am I the only one who noticed that the stormtrooper armor they drew had symmetrical knee-caps?...and that all the lightsabers in the episode are graflex?...and that in the scene where the stormtroopers start firing on the Falcon (with vader behind the blast door...the scene where, prior to the DVD version, vader had an uncolored blade), vader had a blue blade?

Minor points, but I thought the graflex point and the miscolored blade would draw some interest or attention from members of a saber forum

Its susposed to be a parady not a accurate funny show.

I know, I know, but I've gotta be uber-dork

The graflexes were probably out of laziness to do the other sabers, the troopers were probably just simplified. But I'd like to think that the blue vader saber isn't so much of a gaff as it is an homage to the original where ILM completely missed the saber's effects in that shot. But maybe that's just the uber-dork in me speaking again...

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen
    [size=16]I just wish they didn't have a pedophile as one of the main characters in this.

I know this character is in a lot of the regular shows, but the fact that they chose him to portray the venerable Obi-Wan character bothers and disturbs me.
    I loved Herbert being Obi Wan. He was so funny, especially in his fight with Stewie. My God, I nearly rolled off the couch I was laughing so hard when his lightsaber straightened up.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Is it just me or did it seem like they used scenes from the actual movie and animated over them? Alot of the take off landing scenes with the falcon looked very close to the actual movie. (shrugs)

As did the fighters attacking the death star, and the star destroyers and rebel blockade runner in the opening. It's not just you. I think they did just animate over the scenes...after all, it looks like they used explosions from the movies too. (anyone else notice the lack of praxis ring around Alderaan and the Death Star when they exploded? Hoorah for the originals!)

Council Member
    Sith Lord

I think that they did indeed take the original film cuts, and then simply animated over them in the parts you guys mentioned. Anyone notice that the explosions weren't animated at all?
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Yep. Hence my remark about the lack of Praxis rings...if they did take scenes, they took em from the original versions of the film, before the Ultimate DVD version.