Thread: safety caps

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Default safety caps

Just on a lark I was cruising my favorite section of Lowes with all the pull out bins looking for something else.

I found a part I've used before and picked it up as an option for my intended use. When I got home I found another great use though. Safety caps! Maybe for kids or to prevent silly convention goers from blinding themselves while playing with your saber.

Here's what I was looking at:

The right size chrome cap like Tim sells for sink tubes would work well too. What I like is they're aesthetically low profile and not super easy to get off.

Anyone else want to share what they've done in this vein? Like crystal caps maybe?
    RED LEADER Standing by!

i make my own plugs for my sabers when blades not inserted.

for a graflex, i use a 1 inch dowel rod cut to length with a rod stuck in the end to emmulate a real core piece. i slip it in and tighten up the thumbscrew and its held in place, no accidental flashin in the eyes.

i also make the same thing for the heilands. i rip out the cone shaped part, a dowel rod with ahole drilled in a end, filled with epoxy, then shove the metal rod lower portion of the cone in. once set up, the same as a graflex, slip it in, tighten up screw, and no flshy flashy in your eyes, ans a plus is with these core plugs i make, when blad is out and plug inseerted, it looks liek the belt hanger prop, it fools alot of people, especially when i pop out the plug and pop in the blade and fire them off.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!