Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: my new MHS

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen
    How did you order the wrong resistors? Didn't you order the basic electronics kits? That's what you should have done, if you're a newbie. Takes the guess work out of it, which is what it's supposed to do.

And, don't you need 2?
    Sorry, I didn't say what LEDs I got or anything. I got two white K2s. And I got two resistors I just didn't say so.

Since there were a few things me and Dacota still need, I'm ordering two 1000mA buck pucks.

Proud owner of the last two style 6 MHS blade holders!
    <('-'<)(>'-')><('-'<)<('-'<)(>'-')>(>'-')><('-'<)(>'-')>

wow i cant believe i missed this thread. Nice job on the saber. I like it coupled up like that maybe you can paint the grooves red or something.
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

Thanx!

That would be cool. Dacota sudgested somewhat the same thing but its mainly a hard dueling saber so the paint might rub off or get dull. I may paint it in the future tho. Unless there is a realy strong type of paint or epoxy that won't rub off then I might consider it sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu-kenjutsushi
    Thanx!

That would be cool. Dacota sudgested somewhat the same thing but its mainly a hard dueling saber so the paint might rub off or get dull. I may paint it in the future tho. Unless there is a realy strong type of paint or epoxy that won't rub off then I might consider it sooner.
    I've heard that household appliance paint works pretty good. Most hardware stores carry this, but the drying/curing process takes a day or two to fully dry.

Try the thread on using enamel on a hilt, there's some usefull info in there
    I'm not anti-social, society is anti me

Saber-carying member of the FSM,
    Barfly at the Intergalactic Kegger

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus Lupus
    Try the thread on using enamel on a hilt, there's some usefull info in there
    Ok, I'll have to check that out.

Well, I've got some good news and some bad news. Good news is: I got my parts and the saber is beautiful! My LEE filters look awesome to!
    And now the bad news: At first it was cool, I was outside side tonight with my saber, when I turned it off, it slowly dimmed and then turned out. So I thought cool! a dimming effect. but then I left my saber on a bit longer than before and it took longer to turn off. Then finaly the third time, it won't turn off at all. HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

This seems to be a common issue when connecting a switch to the buckpuck via the extra leads. Tap your switch into a battery lead instead and you shouldnt have an issue. I am going to call tomorrow and find out why they are doing that.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

as i plan on doing a mhs with a buckpuck i asked the resident electrics expert Do-Clo on how to wire it, and he said the same thing, put the switch in on the hot lead to the battery pack. dont mess with the extra leads, clip them off or tape up. the only leads you need are the 2 for batt pack, and the 2 for led.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

Okj so wire it between the batt packs red wire and the bucks red wire.Interesting.Tim, any news on why the bucks are doing this?
    "aaah... general kenobi.... you are a bold one."-general grievous

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Qymaen_jai_sheelal

Proud owner of the first two Darth Maul conversion kits! Thanks Tim!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

The way my dad explained it when I asked him for a non EE answer was that the control wires are meant for something that will offer more specific control, such as a dimmer, and not simply an on off switch.