Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyperdyne blades

Well ya have to remember when it comes to 3W leds forget lumens and get the color you like.

that being said the blue is a very nice color and is very bright.

I thik my corbin film is messed up some how.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Quote Originally Posted by Eandori
    I'm not sure the Hyperdyne blades really are that much brighter. Judging by the "light flaring" in that picture compared to a luxeon and a MR I would say some Luxeon blades approach that.
    The Hyperblades are alot brighter than the Lux's. The thing to keep in mind, is that the Hyperblades have 9 levels of brightness, and that Hyperblade in the pic might be at a lower level.

But whats the point of having the brightest saber for 18min or less?

Its compleatly pointless, mindbogaling stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre
    But whats the point of having the brightest saber for 18min or less?

Its compleatly pointless, mindbogaling stupid.
    Why do people lie or gloat about having something better when they know they can easily be beat by something else? It's all about being better than someone/something just for that one split second.

Of course, I'm not implying at all that anyone here has an ego complex or lies/gloats. *l* It's just an example.

I heard that Hypers actually have pretty good duelability because of the flexible tube material and shock absorption properties of the stuff around the LEDs. And it may just be part of the Hyperdyne hype, but I also heard rumors of it being able to completely demolish MRs in just a few hits...

No clue if any of what I mentioned above was true, but I did see a blue Hyper at C4. It completely outshone my 3-watt lux, which was driven off a buckpuck at the time and using a corbin double-wrap blade. It was a bit brighter than the brightest point on my blade. So yeah, the brightness on those things is just amazing. But I do have to say that I could see the dark spots on the blade that come from stuffing multiple pinpoints of bright light into a tube, so his blade isn't the most evenly diffused thing either.

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

In the video of the mr blade braking . the blade broke not even at a strike.

the person with the HD saber went to go on the strike then the mr blade fell off. I think that video was a fake just to say hay this is stronger.

Theres leds in the blade so no matter what an led will pop.

The smaller dark spots that occure from having the saber on too long and an led getting hotter than one or the other and slightly melting the foam there warapted in. you know when its a dark spot cause its darker than the other dark spots.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The smaller dark spots that occure from having the saber on too long and an led getting hotter than one or the other and slightly melting the foam there warapted in. you know when its a dark spot cause its darker than the other dark spots.
    Huh?
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen
    Huh?
    The dark spots in the blade are caused by the space in between the leds and the printed circuit board that the leds are mounted on, not from the foam diffuser melting. The spacing and circuit board create visible spaces that are not lit so they appear as as dark spots. The only way to over come this is to remove the printed circuit board from the blade and increase the number of leds to remove any space between them.
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist

or better yet, do a lux conversion and be done with bladed leds completely!

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

Well, for a display blade, I do have to say they look excellent. But still...flashlight sabers offer the best all-around performance for sure.

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!