Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Hyperdyne blades

I agree, Jedibum rocks for doing his test comparison video/videos.

I made a few also, so if you feel like taking a gander... enjoy!

Light Comparison -- http://youtube.com/watch?v=k5Ws91SGpDA
    Pros & Cons -- http://youtube.com/watch?v=32NPDfSA7bk

Edwin, you are welcome to have me ship these guys your way when and if you're ready to test them. You're welcome to try to restore/fix the blades or change things around... after all--you're WAAAAY better versed in electronics compared to myself.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Hey Novastar,

Sure, please ship the green Hyperdyne to me and I'll see what I can do about getting it fixed. I also want to do some measurements on the the driver board and see how the routed the PCB on the blade. I suspect it might be possible to pack a much better capacity battery into a Hyperdyne setup.

Once I have the setup working as solidly as i can get it, I'll take note of what components are in the saber do a comparison with my Proto2 with a Luxeon V at 1 amp. I'm very positive that my Proto2 is a super evenly lit lightsaber, that really was my whole goal more then anything else. You can pretty much see that in my pictures and video. Especially look at the Proto2 video in my signature. At the end I'm holding the blade right up to the camera and you can't really hardly see ANY more light on the middle or tip compared to the hilt.

I'll respond with a video and stats after the repairing and comparison. How about that?
    Edwin Tracy (Eandori)

- Official Plecter Labs USA station for repairs and firmware upgrades, Ultrasound soon!
    - Occasional completed Lightsabers for sale there!

That sounds great, as long as you leave the recharge port the way it is for now, and only use Li-Ion (so that I can recharge it/use it later on). Also, I would think we should leave it at 11.1v and not tempt the fates.

But yeah, 11.v or whatever xxxxxmah you can get would be great!!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide