Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyperdyne blades

Default Hyperdyne blades

Just wondering about them are they brighter then the lux's and are they removable? are they compatible with MHS sabers?

Thanks

Brightness wize, Ervs telum saber with a k2 green driven at 1.5A will hold its own agenst a hyper blade.

The blade is not removable but if you got the time and actually want to do it theres a way to make it removable with a din style plug but they guy that did that conversion said he prolly would never do it again.

It could be compatable with th emhs its just a glorifyied mr saber.

But for the money go with ervs crystal focus saber core. aka buttered toast, set it up for a k2 and you got millions of options instead of hypers like what 10 options.

That and its just like an mr. lots of small leds in the blade. not very duelable at all, and the battery life on a hyper syetup reallys sucks. like erv can get something like what 2 hours out of his telum. the hyper blades dont last no more than an hour or hour and a half.

Becides hypers stuff is outdated and he dosent even post on his forum at fxsabers. Nothings been heard from him in a dogs age.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

I don't know about the Hyperblades, but since Hasid mentioned battery life, I am able to consistently get 3.5+ hours life out of each of my v1.2 CF boards.

They run on 7.2 or 7.4v Li-Ion, 18650 cells which are rated at 2400mah or 2600mah (I can't quite remember which saber has what). Each are "spitting out" 1.3A at LEDs that are most ideal at 1.5A (so they are being slightly under-driven, but nothing too awful).

Keep in mind, I altered the "blade flicker" options on Erv's board to essentially have the board draw less power when lighting the LEDs overall... since it is effectively "going on and off" super fast.

I imagine that if I ran the boards as a "solid" blade with no "flickery-ness stuff"... they would not run so long.

But finally... these are his OLDER board versions (v1.2). Much has changed from v1 to v2.x. Much!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre
    Brightness wize, Ervs telum saber with a k2 green driven at 1.5A will hold its own agenst a hyper blade.
    See, this I don't know about. Erv's Telus is very bright, no doubt, but it is still a K2, and a K2 is still not as bright as a Lux V, which in turn, is still not on par with the brightness of the Hyperblades.

I love Erv's stuff, but I don't think there is anything single LED(saberwise)that can compare to Hyper's stuff brightnesswise at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar
    But finally... these are his OLDER board versions (v1.2). Much has changed from v1 to v2.x. Much!
    So do you mean that battery life would be diminished with the added upgrades to the new boards or prolonged?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Nothing can beat hyperblades for brightness... at the same time I've never had someone tell me a Luxeon was weak. All the time I get "Man, that's bright and loud".

It can be made removable, but as Hasid said it's not a great solution. A DIN pug is not symmetrical so the blade has to be inserted a certain way.

So there are benefits and downsides...

Benefits:
    Bright
    Scrolling is more of the expected

Downsides:
    EXPENSIVE
    Removable blade is harder
    Blade is not doing to stand up to as much as a Lux
    Battery life sucks (I've heard at the max brightness it is like 15min, and a low level is like 1 hour)
    Sound sucks (look at the videos... it's loud but crappy. Play a sound, pause, play another sound)
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Thanks guys, but i'm sticking with xwing

http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?im...depictsgn5.jpg

I would sure love to see a comparasin pic with a k2 and a 5W next to that hyper blade. cause as it stands they over exposed the pic.

But as it stands Iam sure theres some kinda magic film out there that will let a lowly 3w lux match up agenst a hyper blade.

The way I see it. with a lux it dosent matter about the ratings its about how well you can capture and reflect the light thru the film.

I would like to see how ultras film on a 5w would look agenst that hyper blade.

I still think that the luxeons are a better choice for many reasions where as hypers has only one use. of being bright as hell. anyone can make a hyper blade, just stuff more led strips into a blade. theres nothing special about it.

His sounds, sound like poo, the battery life is absolutly the worse ive ever seen, Its got leds in the blade so I wouldent want to duel with it, sprited dueling even.

That and the price just isent worth it for something as old as it is.

You could get ervs driver, and a custom hilt thats kick butt looking and set it up for just about whatever you want and still have money left over to put twards your next saber or hell a costume even.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It's not all bad by any means. I've had my issues with Jim but I believe an intelligent person can see I'm not far of the mark.

For a costumer who's only concern is a good looking blade then a hyperblade might be the best for them.

It's all MHS compatible so in the end it's all cool. Tim gets paid and you get an awesome saber built.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

I'm not sure the Hyperdyne blades really are that much brighter. Judging by the "light flaring" in that picture compared to a luxeon and a MR I would say some Luxeon blades approach that.

I notice that he compared his blade to a blue lux, which is one of the lower lumin output types. He should have compared it to a red lux III or green lux V.

The HyperDyne Blade comparison

My Red/Orange K2 Custom Saber next to a stock MR Maul and Red Lux III Windu conversion.

My Green Lux V custom saber against stock MR's

I wish I had a Hyperdyne blade in front of me so I could run some side by side comparisons against a very bright luxeon.
    Edwin Tracy (Eandori)

- Official Plecter Labs USA station for repairs and firmware upgrades, Ultrasound soon!
    - Occasional completed Lightsabers for sale there!

Nice comparison pics, your proto2 really gets an even brightness along the length of the blade
    I'm not anti-social, society is anti me

Saber-carying member of the FSM,
    Barfly at the Intergalactic Kegger