Thread: 2005 Anakin MRFX - DIN plug blade - clash sensor?

Default 2005 Anakin MRFX - DIN plug blade - clash sensor?

I tore down an Anakin last night and will use the board for one of the upcoming projects, but noticed the blade is one of the DIN plug models. The clash sensor is on the back side of the DIN male piece. How do I make use of this sensor? Is it a simple matter of desoldering the sensor, then soldering in appropriate wiring like in the Vader tutorial?

i wish i knew, i had the same problem when i did my ani conversion. sadly, itll never clash again.
    RED 7 Standing by...

My guess is to trey to get the clash sensor out and solder it to its place to the board.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Default Re: 2005 Anakin MRFX - DIN plug blade - clash sensor?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonitus
    I tore down an Anakin last night and will use the board for one of the upcoming projects, but noticed the blade is one of the DIN plug models. The clash sensor is on the back side of the DIN male piece. How do I make use of this sensor? Is it a simple matter of desoldering the sensor, then soldering in appropriate wiring like in the Vader tutorial?
    I had exactly the same problem with my 2005 Vader, last night! I removed the sensor from the DIN board, soldered the smallest wire to the grey wire, and the fat wire to the second wire in line on the flat/wide connector, and also to the positive wire going to the led. And it all works, including the clash!
    This Jedi Ranger has a name....Terek Kelrune. Don't forget it.

Perfect! Thanks! I had suspicions it would be easy like that, but better to ask and get confirmation rather than just bull on in there and mess something up.

Is this the agreed upon method? I too have this problem with the Vader.

Thanks!

Greg

Any input? I have a Vader ESB. What is the best way? Remove it from the board?

Thanks!

Greg