Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Countdowns Molds in progress.

yea. I know man, im just informing you about that, just in case you decide to make something out of fiberglass.
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

Dang, I wish I caught this sooner, as Charles Jeske (was in both BOP I and II) made several ST helms out of a mold he made of his own. They were VERY excellent, and you could see one of them in BOP II (the others were not used).

I guess if anyone is interested... PM me!

I don't come to the costuming threads often... maybe I should!!!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

You should use 6 layers. The total thickness of the fiberglass should be about 1/8th" thick with 50-50 Resin/Fiberglass.

If you're worried about it affecting the details then you should be applying the new layers to the inside.

And a word of warning about Fiberglass Resin to anyone who attempts to use it. Just an addition to what countdown said. The Resin will give you chemical burns if you get it on your skin, so be sure to avoid any contact to unhardened Resin.
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

Yea i might even go with 7 layers for added durability because the thin fiberglass im getting wont deter the details too much.

Alright so the mini stormtrooper helmet went nicely without a hitch so ill be moving on to the bigger stuff. First i need to save up some money for this stuff. with halo 3 being officially release at 12 am tonight pacific time, the lid will be delayed for a couple weeks.

If you plan to wear the helmet make sure you give yourself room on the inside as well. Gets hot in the helmets. Some people complain about the size of an FX helmet but I am glad it is the size it is I can fit all my fans and my amp in it.
    When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

So I decided to start off with a sub-zero mask from mortal kombat II. Anyways I have sculpted it out of clay so far and Im getting ready to mold it. Ill have pictures up later.

If you want me to talk to Charles about the awesome ST masks he made... I'm sure he'd be happy to sell one to you, Countdown.

Charles did an EXCEPTIONAL job on his entire suit... not just the mask, suffice it to say.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird21
    And a word of warning about Fiberglass Resin to anyone who attempts to use it. Just an addition to what countdown said. The Resin will give you chemical burns if you get it on your skin, so be sure to avoid any contact to unhardened Resin.
    Also the glass fibers coming off the fabric are pretty unpleasant too. An amazing world of itch! Cover up well!

Novastar, do you have any pictures of them?