Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1st Hilt Construction

Quote Originally Posted by GFORCE13
    the giant big font black "Enter the Custom Saber Shop" is pretty hard to miss.
    Actually, I've managed to miss seeing that before. I was wondering if an animated banner ad would be a better way of grabing new peoples attention
    I'm not anti-social, society is anti me

Saber-carying member of the FSM,
    Barfly at the Intergalactic Kegger

I can tell you from experience that knurling is expensive because of the time involved to get it right. It is by it's nature a slow process.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Well, that's kind of a bummer. I wanted a textured feel to the grip. What about something like Rustoleum textured spray paint?

Yeah knuling is an involved process we used to do it at my last job, the big setback is the Lathe. I have used the Textured Rustoleum for my pommels it gives it the right look but I don't know if it will give you the feel you are looking for.
    " I am a Jedi like my Father before Me"
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by vultureug
    What about something like Rustoleum textured spray paint?
    I've used that on PVC overlays. gives a pretty good grip, but not like knurling or grooves would. IF you go that rought, just remember to use several coats of both paint and clearcoat.

Quote Originally Posted by GFORCE13
    the giant big font black "Enter the Custom Saber Shop" is pretty hard to miss.
    wow.... i never realized that was a link... i just thought it was a title... i mean it makes sense.... click here to enter the custom saber shop. lol i never really thought about it. Its location is in a standard title location. i've clicked in the upper left corner on the TCSS logo thinking it'd take me to the shop but it never occurred to me to that those words could possibly be a link. haha sheesh......

thanks guy for all the detail in all your post that help me decide how to do mine i actualy did a prety fair job for mine ill post the picture on a new topic cause i dont now wer to put the button