Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: blade difs?

Well I have been using only Corbin's Film in 2 Blades now and I have never had one crinkle yet and I duel with it but it is the Thick Wall, because ever since I had my 40" 3/4 EL Thin Wall snap off right at the Emitter I swore never again. But then again it is kind of my fault for telling my friend Nate it was unbreakable and he can break anything.
    " I am a Jedi like my Father before Me"
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Hahaha. It's great how people can break stuff like that.

Thick-walled blades don't flex as much as the thin-walled blades do, so the film won't crinkle as much/the crinkle is less noticeable...at least, that's my theory until I try out an ultra in a thick-wall or a corbin in a thin-wall.

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

What's Funny is he didn't break it from dueling he just kept flexing it till it snapped right at the end of the emitter and I managed to reuse the El Wire, Diffuser and Plug and it still lit up the hard part was trying to fish the broken piece of Polycarb out of the emitter. Because these were my first 2 Hilts and I
    was a Noob, I made the mistake of JB Welding the Emitter in so if the inverter, switch or wires go bad, I am screwed but I have them since 10-05 and so far so good.
    " I am a Jedi like my Father before Me"
    ----------------------------------------------------------

oO wow. that's great. Is he one of the types who tries to break something when you tell him that something is really strong/virtually unbreakable? Of course it's gonna break if you try to break it...

And that's awesome, having the hilt electronics last like that. Kudos to your wiring and soldering work.

Ultra film crinkles worse than corbins does. and if you hot glue the very bottem like ultra does eventually the film will twist and perma crinkle.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

I thought the reason ultra's were hot-glued though was that his film was static-y as hell and would pick up particles like no other and that the hot glue was some sort of preventive measure against dust and such sliding up the film layers?

Also...I noticed that, with my saber off, if I swing around my ultra blade, each time I switch swing directions I can hear shuffling from the tube as a result of the film crinkling a bit. However, the same is not true of a Corbin-type blade. Very very strange.

Ho he uses it to keep it in there. persionally I would try to use a small piece of tape in various places to hold it in.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics