Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Luke ROTJ 05 Conversion

Default Luke ROTJ 05 Conversion

Tim,

I am a big fan of the Luke ROTJ saber, which I picked up a few weeks ago. I don't suppose you have any plans on offering a conversion kit for this saber? As with the Mace Windu, it would definitely benefit from a sturdy blade holder. Thanks.

MythranDir

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I would need to get my hands on one first. If I manage to pick one up then I probably will.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Tim, I see you had one of your converted Luke sabers on ebay, but I was out bid!! Will you be putting anymore converted Luke's (or other models) on ebay??

MythranDir

Yes, as I get time to build them. I got screwed on that one as ebay was messed up and nobody could bid for the last 30 minutes or so.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Yeah Tim, you got screwed big time on that one. I was expecting it to go to 400. I don't think you should be held accountable and be permitted to relist. Most auctions gain half of their value within the last minutes or seconds. Your last bid was 4 hours before the end. That looks fishy. Did you talk to someone at ebay? Is it just me, or are their systems getting worse and worse?

they actually have a system message stating the outage but I figured I will just let the guy get a good deal. I will sell another one in a week or so.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

A "good deal"????? That's highway robbery man! LOL

The crystal is the heart of the blade.
    The heart is the crystal of the Jedi.
    The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart.
    All are intertwined:
    The crystal, The blade,The Jedi.
    You are one.

I'm in particular very enthusiastic in seeing instructions on how to convert this saber. MR recently announced that they will be releasing an Obiwan saber which I assume should have similar problems as the Luke saber since they have a similar design. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

I lost the link but about 3 weeks ago (its Dec 28th today) that someone on Ebay was selling 2 Luke sabers they the seller converted that he claimed had a removable blade. Of course his removable blade may not have been suitable for a duel and had other problems but it made me think it is possible to make one, question is, how good would it be?

I convert them using my machined holders for $175 as far as I know I am the only one who converts them to have a removeable blade.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Hi, Newbie here! I've been scouring the 'net, trying to find out if it's possible to build a Luke ROTJ saber with a removable blade. I'm working on a ROTJ Luke costume for my fiance, and he really wants a saber with a removable blade, rather than the FX one, so he can hang it from his belt occasionally.

I found the thread about converting the ROTJ saber to a luxeon blade, but those aren't removable, are they?