Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Who likes organic looking sabers?

Default Who likes organic looking sabers?

Hi all
    I did a search for organic sabers and couldn't find much so I thought I'd pose the question....

Do you like "organic" looking sabers or do you think they look too un-lightsaber-like?

For those not familiar with what I'm talking about, here are a couple examples of "organic" sabers....

Here's a more "aquatic" design. Still sorta organic though:

Here's a design I was playing around with, but haven't finished:

yea i like em, i found a site that custom makes them but they are way too expensive for me. But i do like how they look. For some reason they give me the impression of "Ancient" or "Old"

Very cool. I like the second one the "Aquatic" one, but your design is nice too

The design looks great. Very elvish...

I had actually thought about using an organic overlay for my saber, but then I decided to go with a more futuristic look. I think Braxus is right in saying that it feels more "ancient" when it's got a lot of curves and intricate details like that.

personally i really don't care for the "organic" look. imo a lightsaber shouldn't look like it was, for lack of a better word, grown. i do like your design tho because while it may have an organic-style design, it looks to me like it would still have a metallic/industrial look to it. what materials were you planning on using?

Hi Cheeker

I imagine I'd be looking at aluminum. I suppose I could use copper or brass too, but we'll see. Here's a progression of the various ideas I had:

I agree that organic sabers often look more ancient. Not all the time, but often they tend to look like an older type of technology IMO.

Here's a brass and copper version of the double helix design:

while I don't like the organic sabers for myself, I think its a completely different piece of art to make. I believe they look great with golden blades and ancient sounds. They have a different appeal, but still has some.

here's my organic style creation:
    http://yanlauzon.ifastnet.com/images...r/photo53.html

I'm thinking about repainting it in "cameleon" light-reflective automotive paint.
    -Mars

Embrace the luxeon side of the Force... to bring light, into lightsabers

I like afew, the Dark Woman's or the Legacy Sith styles for example.

If you get too swish with them, then they can look like table legs & we all know where that can lead....
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

I really like the organic sith sabers. I think a yellow or maybe even green would go good with an organic saber.

I was told that the ancient Sith sabers (maybe the proto generation) were supposed to be carved from a single piece of material, but I've never looked into that so I haven't confirmed it.

Here's another organic one. I actually held this one at Celebration 3 a few years back. Really nice setup.

As far as color goes, I guess it depends on the look of the saber. I imagine most Sith would go red, but that's not set in stone I suppose. I wonder if Anakin hadn't got all dismembered and burned up and had his blue bladed saber taken, if he might have kept the blue blade or if he would have changed it. I suppose that's open to debate.

Corbin

Not too fond of the dark woman saber. I like the 2nd one though. As for organic sabers I would like to see an army camo style saber for the reason I've never seen one.
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.