Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Luxin' up a Parks Obi TPM

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Madcow
    Congrats X-wing.
    That is the best Obi TPM saber I have ever seen.
    Nicely done innards.

Too bad we're so far apart - we could showcase our TPM sabers together.

MC
    That would be cool. When I get my ANH version done it should be a great combo too.

The Parks certainly is good in terms of a replica. The only thing you can really knock is the depth of the center section.

Until someone does the serious work to insert sound I'm quite happy with mine.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

wonderfull retrofit, and I'm so happy the new version of the driver is doing justice to this blue LED. Have you overdriven the luxeon at 1.5A or not ?

I'm really proud you called your blade "Erv's style blade", however, despite the fact that I'm one of the biggest user of this blade topology and I've found out a nice combo to get a progressive effect + even blade,
    I'll add that the several rolled up layers of clear plastic (polypropylene, florist shop film etc) were, to my knowledge, first experimented by Gelukandhar (and I've been following the lead close behind, testing different stuff also).

congrats again !!

Erv'
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com

GAHH!!
    Must have one!!! XP
    TCSS Red Squadron - The most kickawesome fighting force in the Galaxy.

Which Blue Luxeon is movie-accurate? Find out here.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by erv
    wonderfull retrofit, and I'm so happy the new version of the driver is doing justice to this blue LED. Have you overdriven the luxeon at 1.5A or not ?

I'm really proud you called your blade "Erv's style blade", however, despite the fact that I'm one of the biggest user of this blade topology and I've found out a nice combo to get a progressive effect + even blade,
    I'll add that the several rolled up layers of clear plastic (polypropylene, florist shop film etc) were, to my knowledge, first experimented by Gelukandhar (and I've been following the lead close behind, testing different stuff also).

congrats again !!

Erv'
    I did look at 1.5A when I went through the config, but it wasn't a huge enough difference to justify the battery drain and going out of spec.

I'm just giving props because I've been following the 35cm recommendation out of your manuals. Personally I was quite shocked at the difference it made for the 3/4" blade.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

understood,
    glad you read my tutorial, not too many people are reading what I write. Not that I'm writing best sellers, but it's rare enough to underline the fact you did... and got satisfying results !!!
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com

Maybe it's just the camera, but yours looks a darker blue than Erv's one, that is a real difference between a 3w & a rebel.
    (Only mentioning coz I haven't seen a vid of a rebel b4, just pics)

Very nice dude!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I'm using a Royal Blue vs. a normal blue. I think Erv used a normal blue on his custom machined version...

Honestly I prefer the saturation and I don't have to gamble with what shade I'm getting, it's going to look like a dark blue. Plus the place I bought from wasn't offering Blue Rebels at the time!
    RED LEADER Standing by!

That is a nice lookin saber. You did good work there, X.

Toil awhile ... endure awhile ... believe always ... and never turn back.

It is an awesome saber. Easily one of my top five favorites of all time.

When I get the workbench cleared of customer projects, my newly acquired Parks Obi-Wan is going to get it's pommel chucked up in the lathe and bored out so I can put in a full CFSC board and have sound.

Not trying to compete with you, x...but this is just the next logical step.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Besides the work involved... it doesn't fit! At least as is. You'd have to modify the little slip in tubing at the grips to fit a CF board.

Good luck on all accounts. The space and just the pommel alterations alone are nuts. In fact I'd consider it a challenge!

EDIT: Trust me too... I'm working my way up! The TPM is the test run. I'm working on the Parks Obi ANH now (same specs but I'm going to one up it in details) and gathering what I need for a full sound convert of my Parks Qui-Gon.

When I get the tools too... I'm so going to pull apart my sidious. Cast, the resin sections, make new blade holders and really make that a super saber!
    RED LEADER Standing by!