Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Luxin' up a Parks Obi TPM

The pommel alterations will be considerably easier than I first imagined. The pommel is already partially machined hollow. I'm thinking that when I get to the point of boring it out, I will machine a small lip on the "face" of the rounded end of the pommel to allow the insert of a MPS insert to give a finished look and allow sound to escape.

Fitting a sound board will definitely be a challenge, but it will so totally be worth it when done. True to my form, I won't keep this one...it'll go up for sale a week or so after I build it.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Your saber must be different because mine is only hollow to the choke point below the grips. There are then two seperate pieces that go over the main one.

So as I see it on mine it would be a long narrow resonation chamber. Definately around or less than 3/4" and the length of the pommel.

So much work... where are you thinking of putting the Aux button? My only thoughts would be the brass bike valve up top. Thread it onto a momentary. Or maybe it's a crack dream but in one off the three allen heads/LED holders up top.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Quote Originally Posted by xwingband
    Your saber must be different because mine is only hollow to the choke point below the grips. There are then two seperate pieces that go over the main one.

So as I see it on mine it would be a long narrow resonation chamber. Definately around or less than 3/4" and the length of the pommel.

So much work... where are you thinking of putting the Aux button? My only thoughts would be the brass bike valve up top. Thread it onto a momentary. Or maybe it's a crack dream but in one off the three allen heads/LED holders up top.
    Yeah, I wanted to use the brass Schrader valve to hide the auxiliary switch. Seems a logical place to me. I'll paint that sucker MetalCast purple to match the stone and it should look sweet.