Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A work in progress.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Just one picture to post tonight. I cut out the leather for the grip. I used the template for the shroud and copied the shape. It's temporarily held on with tape, just for effect. Tomorrow I'll take it outside and glue it on with contact cement.

I still need to drill and tap the hole for the blade screw, and put the covertec button on.

I would like to dress up the shroud a little too. I'm thinking of engraving something in Aurebesh, but I'm not sure what I want to do.

BTW, I ordered the covertec button from Tim, thinking it would fit the belt clip I had from my hardware sabers. It's just a generic cell phone clip. Unfortunately, the covertec button doesn't fit the clip.

Tim doesn't offer the belt clips here. Where can I get one cheap?

Edited because I forgot to attach the picture.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

A couple of new pictures.

I glued the leather on the sink tube, and drilled and tapped the thumb screws. I still have to attach the covertec button, but it's pretty much finished. When I can afford it, I'd like to add sound. Still need to do some reading about that.

The thumb screw near the pommel is holding the inner sleeve to which I attached the handwheel. I put the hole just after the end of the threads so that I can still screw in a pommel #3 when I order it.

I have a story to share about a lesson learned the hard way when I was drilling and tapping, but it's getting late. I'll start a new thread with it tomorrow.

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

lookin good man.

BLUE 3- Ready

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Thanks!

For my first attempt at a lux saber, I'm pretty happy with it. I really like the feel of the leather on the grip. I have enough left over to do at least one more saber.

I think it turned out well for your first attempt, especially like the Leather you used should give it a really nice feel and grip.
    " I am a Jedi like my Father before Me"
    ----------------------------------------------------------

That's pretty sweet! I'd be dead pleased if my first saber turned out looking that sleek (hopefully it will!)

Council Member
    Jedi Master

What have you got planned?