Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 3D renderings of all parts for CAD

Default 3D renderings of all parts for CAD

I just finished putting together a file that contains 3D renderings of all MHS parts including the grips, claws, vader shroud, and MPS insert. If you have access to CAD software that can read .3dm files, feel free to email me and ask for a copy. I may also be able to save it in .dwg format, but the last time I tried there was a significant loss of data. Here is an image of what is in the file. Cheers!

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

very cool, man! I suck at all that stuff so I'll have to ask someone to do it.

BLUE 3- Ready

Council Member
    Jedi Master

i may get cad just for this.

Awesome work. Thank you

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

cool, not 100% accurate but lookin' good.

From a search that's a rhino file... can it save into something more common like a .dwg or .dxf? I see plug-ins for it, but saving it natively always helps...

Get it into a better rendering program and let it roll.

EDIT: Whoo for not fully reading! I'd like a .dwg version, I'll let you know how it comes out.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

oooo nice work. Ill definately want a copy.

I can save it as a .dwg, but when I tried this once before to send a drawing to someone I was told that it came out looking blocky. Apparently it loses curve data when you change the file type. I could certainly try it again just to see what happens. No, the parts aren't 100% accurate, but I would like to think that they are pretty close considering I've never actually seen many of these parts. If you have any accurate measurements you can send them my way and I will update the parts accordingly.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Lots of renderings lately. When is someone going to come up with a way to make the MHS builder usefull again? Has anyone seen a system where you could design something out of multiple pieces and then view it assembled in 3d? I know you can do that in tons of software programs but I need something that will work on the web.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Council Member
    Jedi Master

i'll ask my wife if she knows of anything that would be web friendly.

haha.. that'd be great!

i could definately set up a quicktime vr sorta thing to zoom and rotate a model on the web, thats not too difficult.. but short of compiling a seperate one for every possible combination of parts, i dont know.

with flash i could probably make the selecting system to assemble the parts, but it wouldnt be 'true 3D'. it would be limited to 'pre-rendered' components maybe in a simple rotating cycle. Not much better than the builder you have now really.. either way i think it'd take a fair amount of work. especially at the rate new pieces are being developed.. it'd have to be fairly easy to update or it would soon lose it's 'usefulness'.

I'll ask around too. We've got a whiz in my work department about how to make things work on the web. Maybe she knows of something. I'll post later today when I learn something.