Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 3D renderings of all parts for CAD

Quote Originally Posted by Firedrops View Post
    Woah i never noticed it was from 2007 until you mentioned it.

I'll have to disagree with your point of not needing a 3D program. As you might have noticed, generally these days, sabers with shrouds = good, without shrouds = plain. and its gonna be a pain in the certain somewhere if you try to get the shroud done in a 2D program, the measurements and dimensions will have to fit nicely to the circular shape. The 3D programs can be easily googled and downloaded.

Good job to those who did this, they are contributing, but then again its kinda weird how mihunai worked on this, without knowing something like it has already been released 2 years ago.
    guess TimeRender has some catching up to do on the parts lol.

and my post was from almost a year ago now..

anywho..

first you cant make a statement like shroud = good / no shroud = plain.

that would be a 100% preference..no?

the rest of you post doesnt really make any sense to me.. (about making a shroud in a 2D program..yadda yadda).. not sure why you talking about measurements & dimensions.

If you want to be able to manipulate actual 3D files.. you will need a 3D program capable of handling those file formats.

you would also need to know how to use 'said' program.

my statement still stands..there is no NEED for them..except for personal fun use.. there is no web-app that will take separate 3D 'images' (renders)..and put together a 3D model from it.

not to mention the MHS or Custom Saber Builder cant use anything but .gif, .png or .jpg files.

so if someone is just posting a STATIC (2D) image of 3D rendered MHS parts.. its still just a 2D image.. however if you chose a 3D app to make your 2D rendered images...others could 'play along' like they can/do now my modifying parts in MS PAINT or PHOTOSHOP...etc..

It was weird seeing how someone had indeed done that before...
    The ''2 years before'' doesn't help either :P

Anyway, i think he'll do a better job than me anyhow,
    as i'm not a mm-accurate kind of guy.
    Plus 3DS is much better for that purpose than Blender anyhow...

Cant wait to see some accurate 3D MHS hilts pop up around here

mTm

Official Owner of Skottsaber at Bowling

I didn't realize this thread had been resurrected. I'd like to thank Thorn for saving my butt the other day. Like he said, my computer got a nasty case of Vundo and the easiest way for me to get rid of it for good was to reformat. Since then I haven't really had much free time to work on creating the newer parts and making the old renderings more accurate. It is something I'd like to do very soon, but I didn't think there was much demand for it at the moment so it keeps getting put on the back burner. Actually, Mihunai's parts look great and would probably be much more useful to most of us since it runs on free software. I'll try to get my file updated ASAP now that I know there is some interest in it again, but don't hold your breath because I am going to be pretty busy between now and March.

Forgive the double post, but I wanted the thread to get a bump.

In an effort to avoid doing all the things that I really ought to working on, I decided to go ahead and finish the update on the 3D parts.

Pretty much everything is here. All of the MHS parts are represented as well as a good selection of accessory parts. If I skipped a part that you desperately need just contact me and I'll take care of it as soon as I can. Send me a private message if you want a copy, and include the file format you'd like to see it in and an email address that I can send it to.

Those look good.

As an aside- holy crap, I didn't realize just how many different MHS parts TCSS actually offered until they were all lined up together like that.

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

is it too big to attach? or link to somewhere? (or do you want to be selective on who gets them?)

Id like a copy.

Im also curious (as I dont do 3D ever).. how hard it is to do the following with your renders?

1.) scale them? hard to do? are they arely to 'scale' (per se`) with real MHS parts?

2.) changing the orientation of a 2D rendered image of them?

to be honest, I really like the renders here, by mihunai's:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...?t=3151&page=3

(the flat greay ones)..

just that it wasnt 'complete'...and he sated they were NOT correct proportions.

Id like to get a set of 2D rendered 3D models of the parts..that adhere to the MHS ruler in the builder(s)..

1in. on ruler..= 1in. on the part....etc..

Thanks

No X, I'm not being selective, I just don't want to bother uploading them to a file server when I could just email them to people. I'm not sure what you mean by "scaling" them. They are 1 to 1 scale already. You can zoom in and out in any CAD software, if that's what you mean. As for changing the orientation of 2D renders, there aren't any 2D renders so I don't really know how to address your question. These parts can be fully manipulated in 3 dimensions. As for Mihunai's renders, I'm not sure why you say you like them better. How can you express an opinion on something you have never used? I mean his parts look great, but that's just cosmetic, and you can apply whatever cosmetics you want to my files. The picture I showed you in the post is just the rough render, but if you've ever used any sort of CAD software you would know that you can apply textures, colors, lighting effects and backgrounds to these. My parts can be made photo-realistic if you know what you are doing. As for sending you 2D renders of my 3D parts, what's the point? There are already 2D renders for most of these and they look just fine. I didn't make these parts for people to play around in MS paint. These are for people with access to CAD.

Where did I say I say I liked those renders better than anyones? I think you mis-read.. I certainly nevet meant that. Im saying I like is.. I would use his and not bother ya is his were to scale and everythign was there ...thats all.

I understand in CAD sofwtare you can manipulate the models, views/perspectives themselves..

Im saying for an exported/attached image (.png on trans background to be more percise)

2D flat image also models have side/profile view..

image the MHS/PAINT renders posted here..but made in 3DS or whatever you guys use..

like the link I posted to Mihunai's.. I know he made them in a 3D app.. but he posted a simple, flattened/exported image for people to see (or cut out and use for their own playing around)

and since yours 'are' in perfect 1:1 scale...cant you scale all the items/parts in the image (hard to see them all in the image posted).. rotate them to the side profile...

and export an image for me.. is what im saying/asking about geting a 2D image exported from your parts models...etc.

Id like to see how those type of 'renders' (images) look in the MHS builder is all..

I understand you can export a render wth different texture..and lighting...and th moe time you spend the more realistic you can make it work.. I respect modiling.. nurbs/poly's all that business..

Im telling you are reading my post wrong or something. There wasnt one insult anywhere in there..

I never said you insulted me, and in the context it sounded like you were expressing a preference for his parts. I was merely explaining the advantages of using the parts that I created. I think I devoted all of two sentences to the entire issue anyway, so don't go making a bigger deal out of it.

Now I thought I was clear in my previous post, but I will say it again. No. I'm not going to turn these into 2D images. There isn't any point. If you want 2D images go use the saber builder. This file is not intended for people using MS paint or photoshop. I worked very hard already drawing each of these pieces, and I'm not willing to spend several hours more just to turn them into into a redundant copy of something we already have. I understand now what you mean by "scaling" them, and no, there wouldn't be an easy way for me to do it. I could easily scale them all in relation to each other, but not to anyone else's drawings. Also, although I could create a picture of them in profile you wouldn't be able to use the picture because the perspective of the "camera" would distort the parts.

Lightwave, which is a program I use has a camera setting especially for Ortho imaging. Personally I find the saber builder does just fine. if I want an MHS saber model then building it in the MHS builder and then making a model from that works fine for me.