Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shim solutions

Firstly, saberkit clamps don't actually clamp, which is why I put the word in quotation marks in my original post. They call it a clamp because it looks like a clamp, nothing more. Secondly, your idea won't actually work, regardless of whether or not the clamp is in fact a clamp. While this makeshift spring would put pressure on the ID of the outer piece, it wouldn't necessarily even make contact with the OD of the inner piece. The whole point is to make the shroud and clamp fit snug over the MPS parts. Please don't take this the wrong way, but I specifically asked for advice from people who have experience on the subject so that I would get tips that could actually solve my problem.

The times I have fit "clamps" like that to MHS parts, I use sheet styrene to build up the diameter of the MHS instead of cutting sections of sink tailpieces. It's nice because you can add only as much as you need, and if it's too much, it is easily sanded down to the correct diameter.

I use a 10 minute epoxy to secure the styrene to the MHS(roughed up with 80 grit paper to get a surface it can "grip" to) A hair dryer is excellent at softening the styrene to easily form around the MHS.

Now there's a good idea. I think I've got some garage sale signs that might do the trick. Thanks Jonitus!

No problem. Hope it works out for you. I'm surprised how often I have to call upon my old skills as a scratch-build modeler in my saber building (case in point - the clamp on my Yoda replica is scratch built, as is the control box...which houses both the recharge port and a recessed slide switch)