Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Atom's new project *design stage*

Very nice look. I am hoping to do a "grey" saber (part sith, part light side) as my next saber.

The chassis is something I was consider for my last saber, but ditched it due to clearance issues and problems with sliding it in and out. Basically the activation switches and the covertec clip sat "proud" of the inside wall of the hilt and that proved to be too much trouble to work around. I also ran into a big problem with clearance of the PLI I really wanted to use. Do you see a good way to work around that?

B5813: the drawn aluminum tube is actually a NEAR PERFCT fit. It is on the side of having a little extra clearance to be honest. I was afraid it would be too tight and id have to sand or remove material, but a few strips of tape inbetween would fill this gap and make it nice and snug... not even noticeable.

here's the link to it on online metals:https://www.onlinemetals.com/merchan...946&top_cat=60

BlackDOG: The shuttle is now a reality, I will try to take some pictures soon of the internal components all put together. The MHS stuff for the hilt is going to be re-worked by AceRocket probably sometime early next year. Very excited. As for clearing the switches screws etc when it slides in/out... its just a matter of design. I put the battery to te forward of the hilt instead of the rear because it allowed enough room to fit under the switches (The switches im using actually ended up being even shorter than in my design. All the screws for attaching hilt pieces and covertec etc will have to be filed down flush with the interior wall. There is a small gap in between clearance for the PVC and the inside wall so im not sure what to do about it rattling around in there. Probably need to lubricate it too.
    Last edited by atomsk; 05-30-2008 at 02:32 AM.

Revived!!!

That's right! over a year later and this project may actually see completion... AceRocket at Orbital machining has done a freakin fantastic job with the metal work on this hilt, and it will be outfitted with a shiny new CF4 board as soon as i start putting it together. Here's some pics of the amazing work.

I can't even put into words how great it feels to see this project come so far.. I'm tearing up a little bit right now. Gawd it's beautiful. *sob* *sob*

Well, from here Im gonna try to get tim on powdercoating the shroud and pommel gloss black, then do the leather wrap, and then wire it all up! Exciting yea?! I'll pe posting pics of the process as it comes together. Wish me luck.
    Last edited by atomsk; 12-01-2008 at 01:43 AM.

Congrats on it finally comming to life!
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

gorgeous ! Great concept and execution.

can't wait to see it finnished! Good luck!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Sweet saber. You've been turning out some great ones lately. Keep up the good work
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

I'm keeping my eye on this. It looks like its gonna be real good.