Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ouch!!!!

Default Ouch!!!!

OKKAAYYYY.....I bet everyone has a story about how badly they injured themselves while building their sabers. I bet there are some whippers - so do share so we can get some of that cringing action.

I'm only knew to saber building so I've only got the usual cuts on my hands and the hot glue and soldering iron burns.

I bet Stydur, Ultra, Corbin and Gelu have some beauties.......

nothing to do with lightsabers, but a true story about swords:
    my friend had a roommate in college who was fencing with another friend. he lunged at his friend, struck, and the foil broke in two. The part still attached to the hilt went through the guy's chest and killed him. my friend said his roommate never quite got over it.

"Look at me! Judge me by my size do you? And well you do not! For my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is!"

How about how many times we zapped ourselves first putting the EL sabers together?! or about exploding dremil disks! Yeah![8D]

Let's see.....many of those, buat I've also Dremelled my thumb, with a 'metal grinder' type of bit. No sever damage, just roughed up my thumb pretty deep - no blood though.

I've also some REAL close to severe injury with broken drill bits while trying to drill a stainless steel shaft collar.

<center>
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/Dahak/</center>

soldering burns and the dremel disk skipping across the knuckles

<center>
    "Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

when building my el saber, i used a chrome vacuum extension thing for the main body. when i was pushing the blade holder into the hilt, it got stuck, so i started pressing harder and the holder went down in and my thumb hit on the top of the vacuum tube and cut a big chunk out of the end of it.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

So you have what, 80% of a thumb? If so that sucks []

Arg! I cringed just by reading that, suit!

I'm only on my second saber, so the most that's happened to me is when I used my pop riveter. I wasn't aware that it "kicks back" when you use it, and aside from skidding all over my poor sink tube (scratches galore), it skidded across my thumb as well. Ouch, indeed.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I was trying to tech my wife to use the chop saw to cut Polyc. I showed her how to do it all but forgot to mention one thing. When she started the saw, the blade was allready touching the tube and it shot a 4 foot tube all the way across the shop. The tube had chunks missing all the way down it and needless to say my wife couldnt stop shaking for about 20 minutes.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

<font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="2"><font color="red">Well, I haven't hurt my self worth mentioning yet while saber-working, but I have been shot in the face with a nail gun. The nail bent and stuck too[B)]. Does that count?

Vengus</font id="red"></font id="size2"></font id="Book Antiqua">

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger, faster and far more deadly than before. Go and seek death, my Apprentice." - Vengus, Sith Lord