Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hey guys Me and A friend need some help

Default Hey guys Me and A friend need some help

Ok So We are wanting to make some LED hilts to bring up to our school retreat on the 20th.

We have each picked a Saber from here. http://bigyellowbox.tripod.com/

I have chosen to make a double style of number 4 I will moddify it so it is hollow instead of using a dowel to hold the grip in there.

My friend is making saber 3 and that one will already be hollow to accomadate the electronics.

I was looking at LED blade holders and was trying to figure out which holder to get for both of ours. Do you guys have any suggestions??

If you could help us we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

well for your best band for you buck would be the 1.25 blade holder. It's a bladeholder heatsing and lense holder. I've never done any byb stuff. but i'm sure with the 1.25 sink tube you can get both designs close.

BLUE 3- Ready

hmmmm, Well the instructions call for a 1.5 inch because of the other parts that attach to the sink tube are 1.5 inch in diameter. Would Bondo or something to that effect work to hold the Holder in place?? Or Would a thumb screw work?

And that Set has the Led holder in it too right?? I only see the heat sink. But in the tutorials I see you need a heat sink and a led holder. Does that kit contain everything, besides the electronics and lense. Is there a way I can buy a Lense seprately too. My friend already has the needed electronics.

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

oh no. you can also get the mhs to sink tube adapter and an led blade holder. that would work really well.

BLUE 3- Ready

Getting more and more expensive But does that 1.25 inch set have an LED holder with it?? Cause the tutorials say you need the heat sink and led holder Also Does that converter fit inside the 1.5 inch sink tube, cause there isnt any area for that to fit in the design on the outside.

EDIT: Ahh I see how that fits in now, i like the multiple angle pictures in the store, very helpful.

Would it be cheaper to Buy the heatsink and led holder plus the Converter, instead of the entire kit and the converter?? I have screws like that at home already, and if i don't My dad said they shouldn't cost more then a few cents at the hardware store.

ok the 1.25 bladeholder has a bladeholder and heatsink and the mount for the led all in one.

The mhs to sinktube adaptor which I beleave alot of byb stuff is based off 1.6" sinktubes. then a led bladeholder of your choice and your done for that part. both setups will require a basic led package(sence theres no other packages for sale here as of yet).

Add some soldering skils and batteries and your done.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Awesome thanks, Got the Leds already as well as all the other electronics, my friend is a robot junkie, so he has plenty of robotics, and electronics.

So I only need these.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/pc...e-led-kit.aspx

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/pc...e-adapter.aspx

You will need a bladeholder with the 1.5 sinktube stuff, the bladeholder comes with a heatsink and nylon screws to hold the led on the heatsink.

The sinktube adapter is used for a mount for the mhs bladeholders and also a sanwhich point for the heatsink, led, and optics.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/fo...pic.php?t=3305

please refer to jay gonn's posts when it comes to the mhs bladeholder and sinktube adapter.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

There *IS* a way to attach a 1.5" tube to a 1.25" tube which can then house a 1.25" black anodized emitter from TCSS. You most certainly need the TCSS sink tube coupler part to do it though. It's what I did with the Flange v3 sabers.

It's not the most ideal setup, but it certainly allowed for a really lean choke point for the fwd hand... and room in the back for two 18650 Li-Ion 3.7v cells to fit side by side.

They haven't failed me yet... I initially thought they would not be very durable.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Are you talking about this picture?

I see the 1.25 inch
    then the MHS
    then a 1.5 inch pipe on top of that. Is that right??

I still am really confused, could you link me to exact parts besides the electronics that we will need??

Thanks soo much. This is a great Prop community.