Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My first prototype hilt (work in progress)

Council Member
    Jedi Master

looks good. i liked the full circle, but they both look really good.

I like the half- loop, that's why I put one on my saber!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Default Rest of the photos...

Well, I managed to log into imageshack... These ones are of the new (tentative) piece on the pommel section:

Unfortunately, the piece did not bend as I expected, and became angled at the two tiny holes... I have some ideas to fix this, though

I´ll try to post the last two pics later, as I continue battling with imageshack

Update: Last two photos of the hilt with the new attachments.

Tomorrow I´d like to start working on the pommel section... If it turns out good, I´ll consider lighting this one (I was thinking of it as a belt-hanger, but... )

Comments, please

I'm really liking the metal detailing on this one. I think the new metal band by the emitter needs some refining; it looks a little too rough to fit in with the rest of the saber. That aside, you should definitely light this up

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

Light it up and fix the band on the pommel area. Find someone with a roller of some sort to make the bend right.

Clean up the edges and it would be a kille rlooking hilt.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Quote Originally Posted by gundamaniac
    I'm really liking the metal detailing on this one. I think the new metal band by the emitter needs some refining; it looks a little too rough to fit in with the rest of the saber. That aside, you should definitely light this up
    Well, my one isn't 100% flush, but I feel that's just part of the individuality of it.

Plus, that part i've had floating around for like 4 years & my MHS is less than a year old, so I kinda like it looking out of place!

Personal choice really.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Thanks for your comments and advice

I´ve been thinking about lighting it up, and an amber Luxeon 3W should look good on it. In fact, I´ve got one here on my desktop. That brings me another question... The blade holder. I´d like to order a 1.25" blade holder from the shop, but I´m not sure how much the shipping cost would be... Perhaps it would be higher than the blade holder itself!

This week I plan to work on the half loops (got to redo both of them, probably) and pommel section (I have an idea, I´ll try to post pics later), together with the design of the internal electronics holder (a pvc or metal shuttle perhaps). I´ll try to keep you all updated, thanks a lot for your comments

Default Update, at last...

Hello ppl

I´ve doing some minor changes to the hilt. This is how the emitter zone half-loop and underplate look now:

Looks better, doesn´t it? I´m thinking of painting that piece under the half-loop black, but not really sure at the moment...

The bad news is this:

That part is becoming a catastrophic area :P ... Later on I´ll try to cover that with some sort of metallic overlay and add some detail to that part of the hilt.

And now, Ta-DAH! The aluminium plates that will hold the luxeon star:

The pieces were made from an old external HDD enclosure that I found by accident . Marker lines are still visible on the little one :P , but doesn´t really matter as I´m going to sand both plates...

Next thing to do will be the grip section... I´ve been thinking of possible alternatives to the PVC piece, because I don´t want the hilt melting in my hand ... I´ve got a couple ideas involving metal tubing and some kind of overlay to improve gripping, but we´ll see that next time