Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My first prototype hilt (work in progress)

Default My first prototype hilt (work in progress)

Hello everybody

I hope this is the right place in the forum to post these pics of my first hilt, which is still in a very early stage of building... Just wanted to know what do you think of it, I´m always open to good advice:

As you can see, I´m using sink tube and PVC (the black ribbed section, I´ve mixed feelings about it). The two grey PVC sections are acting as place holders for now, but I like how the one near the emitter looks, but it needs some more work, obviously (paint, beveling the edges)... And not really sure about the pommel yet. I plan to use a covertec clip near the pommel section, that´s for sure, and a thumbscrew or two, just to keep things in place

Open to comments, suggestions, and whatever you´d like to say about it

Looks nice
    Without darkness, there can be no light.

Nto to bad. got a pritty good start.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Council Member
    Jedi Master

pretty nice design. very "military" looking. Sleek, efficient, and designed to do a job, not be pretty. I like it alot. I like the ribbed section, and agree that the band at the emitter looks good. I'm not sure about the pommel either, but don't have any suggestions yet.

That house on that street in that state. yeah, GA

it reminds me of the impirial knights sabers nice saber!
    "I'm not lazy I'm conservative."

Could put a angles cut into it say maybe a 20* cut but not pointy ended so its kinda flat on the very bottem still.

my mspaint skills kinda suck for ideas like this, Iam used to basic type stuff, but should get the idea accrost..
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Thanks for your comments, they´re inspiring

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre
    Could put a angles cut into it say maybe a 20* cut but not pointy ended so its kinda flat on the very bottem still.
    I got the picture. It´s a good idea, I´ll try it and post more photos. Thank you Hasid

What are you using for the grip?

I'm looking at doing my sith one along those lines & don't want it looking like a straight copy of my Imp. Knight saber.

Very nice BTW.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Quote Originally Posted by Barmic Rin
    What are you using for the grip?
    It´s a piece of PVC pipe (32mm OD), I made the "ribs" with a primitive wood lathe (not more than a power drill with some attachments xD), a rounded dowel, and sanding paper... It´s not the best way to do it, because the PVC tends to heat a lot and bend itself during the sanding, so you have to go slowly. When it was "ribbed", I sanded it in order for the black automotive spray paint to stick to the surface. Still, I´m not very happy with that piece... Should have turned out better

I´m planning to put the activation button in that nail-shaped carving in the ribbed PVC pipe, what do you think? Although this one looks like it´s going to end up as a belt hanger, I´d like to give it some detail

Default Update

Hello everybody

I´ve been trying a couple of new ideas for the hilt... One is this aluminium band:

I´ve drilled two holes in it in order to keep it in place using a pair of screws that will also help to hold the emitter/blade holder in place. I´ll post more photos later... Imageshack doesn´t love me today