Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Rendering/Visualizing MHS Sabers (new renders 5/18)

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

They look very nice if I could make them even larger but this is about as small as you can get and still have decent clarity.

I thought about changing the overall size of the program but it is setup for 1024 width resolution which about 20% of our visitors still run at.

I realize I would have to do all of the images but at the same time I think it would be a lot easier since I already have them drawn up in the cad program and with images like this it gets complicated to draw them.

One idea I had was setting the program up with 2 images for each item. One a shaded view like the holder 19 I did and one a wire frame view. Not sure if that is something you could setup or not xl97. Click of the button it reloads the screen with different set of images? Or maybe only before the image is added..

Anyways..just some ideas.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

not saying it wrong or right.. but let me ask.. WHY? (re: the wire frames?)
    (would have to be IDENTICAL renders..except onerendered in shades one in wire.. same positioning..etc.. (I might have an idea for this actually if you really want to implement it?)

maybe understanding the need/want better will give me more ideas on how to implement?

ona side note..

I think the psudo 3D viewing of each individual part may be somethign VERY cool to look at..utilize..

Im thinking each individual part will have a menu or 'detail' button.. that will load a 'pop-up' (or some new panel/screen) that displays the 3D model in an animated 3D 'turn' to show off the part? mayeb some quick dimensions od desc. as well?

This woudl require that you export say 8-16 images of each part.. each rotated slightly in your modeler..and exported.. so I can 'stitch' the images together in an animated 3D view so to speak?

thoughts?

as for feedback abotu making the app even wider.. I mean of course it CAN be done..

but its sort of a PITA.. lol.. but whatever it takes. Its a kick ass app (if I do say so myself..LOL).. so whatever keep its top notch and cutting edge.

If we added the wire frame we could also show the internal structure at the same time and give a idea of interior space...just a idea.

The 3d should be easier than it seems to be. There are programs such as edrawings but they require the user to download a viewer.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

well if you want to link to some other page that displays the '3D' stuff so its easier for you to export/maintain.. we can do that. I was trying to offer some solution to keep it all 'in-house' so to speak in the MHS builder..

as for showing/displaying an alternate view of the part.. like I outline above.. I believe it could be possible and still work well.. even another view one that is a full shaded/render version..but a cut away?

can you export an animation? If you can animate in your program..maybe there is a converter. Maybe it can even export to .swf? (alot of apps do)

I use solidworks which does have a lot of different save options but not .swf
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Does it do 'animation' sequence/export of any kind?

thats why I was thinking of some way to get a psudo 3D look/rotation of the part..by 'stitching' together several statci 2D images but of the part rotated say 15 degress (or whatever) each time..

replied to email as well..

I did a sample of a cutaway view. Its after the other holder 19..Let me know what you think.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

hmm..

to be honest my first impressiosn was that it looked 'backwards' (if that makes any sense?) lol

like the 'lighter' portion should be inside...??

anyone get this 'vibe' when you look at it?

can you do/export/post a wire frame too real quick?

how much smaller can you get as your maximum (minimum) size?

maybe post a few 'sizes' next to each other in 1 image for us to check out? see where we loose any kind of detail..and at what point/size?

I hope we can pull all this off?

I think having the choice to see all 3 states would be sick!

and its about time we use some quality images/renders for the parts!!!!!!!!!!

I mean MS Paint is fine and all..and in thebeginning it let everyone join in..and make their own renders.. and even alter/customize easily to relay the 'theme/idea'..

but it doesnt do the actual MHS system and the parts justice.

This move actually will make custom saber builder a bit relevent again! LOL.. since it is still largely based on MS PAINT MHS renders.

I like the direction this may be going. The added possibility of seeing the internal structure of the saber might be a bonus if there were also renderings on the battery holders and other electronics too.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Im not sure about 'other' items..

I guess it'd be up to Tim to make images/models/renders of them..

and I suppose you could just turn off 'snap-to' effect..

but the app really wasnt built for layering like that.. so if touch hilt section (for example) the battery pack would go behind it..as the current/focus part is brought to the top of the z-index (above all other objects) so when dragging it around it looks correct.

Im really wanting to try something with this 'fake' 3D animation/rotation of the parts.

I think it'd be trick to see the individual part(s) rotated in a 3D view/plane to get a true 'feel' for what the part looks like.

(plus it'd make the application even that much cooler!) haha