Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Rendering/Visualizing MHS Sabers (new renders 5/18)

Nothing attached, Hasid. If you're using saberbuilder, try saving as a .png instead of .bmp. .png is widely accepted by image hosts. Or, if you're having trouble with an image host, PM me. I've got a ton of webspace going to waste.

There are two truths in major league soccer:
    1. Your team is either from Chicago or a suburb of Detroit.
    2. Detroit sucks.

Ok cant figure out attachments so I will have to fix this, again.

Damn it its not comming out right and its actually pissing me off. I know how do do this stuff well enought and its not working.

ArG!

PM sent!
    Last edited by Hasid Lafre; 09-24-2008 at 10:33 PM.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Ok, I should have some free time this weekend to work on updates.

But, I'm a bit behind on what's been added lately. I know I need to update the pommel 3, and create choke 3, but is there anything else? I know the saberbuilder already has the long and short chokes.

If anyone who has some free time (Hasid, lol) wants to compile a list
    I'll see what I can't get whipped out and updated, and sent over to XL97 for adding to the saber builder.

Also, if time permits, I may work on v 4 of these renders. I've been playing with corel, which will let me save them out as vector graphics instead of bmp, and thus be much cleaner for the saber builder. (assuming xl wants to reupload all the images)

So, fire away.

saber builder can ONLY use raster graphics.. Flash can ONLY dynamically load .jpg's, .gif's & .png's....

while ANY of those can be used for the THUMBNAIL image/render.. only a .gif or .png can be used for the MAIN (draggable part) render.. as those are the only formats that support transparency... (and .png's are the only format that supports an alpha channel)

also note that for thumbnails, "I" feel it is best to have an image of the actual part from the store or from someone's build..etc

so I have just been trying to save all MAIN (BIG) parts as .png's....

remember that saving them with a transparent background is KEY.. otherwise cropping them out of a WHITE BG is really wasting the time you put in to design them in the first place.

I have added ACE ROCKETS OBI TMP pommel in the custom parts as well..

the small choke was done way before Tim even offered one.. so Im not even sure if it the correct dimensions...

list:
    Double female with milled slots
    MPS Pommel style 3 v2
    MHS choke style 1 long
    MHS choke style 1 short
    MHS choke style 3

oh..and can we try to always use the same gradient.. I have based the coloring/powder coating option on that gradient as a the base.. so that they all look uniform when colored together.
    Last edited by xl97; 09-25-2008 at 07:02 AM.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I will just keep them as BMP for the time being then.

all my renders use the same gradient (edit: at least with in each color they do. lol)

I already have the double female,

For anyone that wants to use the same main file for creating their own renders for custom work or for saberbuilder

www.k-squared.com
    Last edited by ArkaiHalon; 09-25-2008 at 07:56 AM.

.bmps do not support transparency though..do they? everythign will be on a white background..

sometimes "I' can easily crop them out..other times I can not, and hence have to re-render them... (just a thought)..

yeah Im saying keep using the same gradent you have fo the 'aluminum' parts.. as I have kept that as the base.. (colored renders arent needed for the SaberBuilder as you can color them with the application)

re: Slotted Extension.. (is the gradient up-side down?)
    Last edited by xl97; 09-25-2008 at 09:02 AM.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

yeah, the slotted extension is upsided down. OOPS. lol

in my current method, I don't have a way to save them out as anything other than bmp. let me check when i work on the new stuff this weekend if I can save them out as PNG for you. that should save you a little time.

as long as your lines are clean (like most have been for sure).. cropping in Photoshop using the magic wand tool should work.

just wanted to make sure I flip it and load it correctly for the saber builder.. (gotta get the image from the store front now to make a thumbnail of it now.) ho-humm..

Well if photobucket wouldent turn every pic into a .jpg then I would load up the image that I have of compiled parts.

:\
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

what format IS it?

as stated not many places or browser support .bmp's... why not just save it to a .png or .gif or .jpg?