Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Someone has maybe learnt a lesson, right at the end....

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The blue and green sounded the same to me on casual inspection...

You are thinking to hard too... given the crappy illumination they are probably not using anything we might label a "tri-lux". They are probably using a 1W RGB like the pro-light and a multitude of others...
    RED LEADER Standing by!

yes, I expect a single tri-color led from them, with any luck high-power and optics, but otherwise only a low quality that won't benefit the hobby.

nevertheless, its a good twist that they turn luxeon, make it color changing and all.
    -Mars

Embrace the luxeon side of the Force... to bring light, into lightsabers

This move kind of surprises me. I didn't really expect MR to wisen up and turn to the flashlight saber set-up.

I'm not too psyched about their RGB LED setup, since the pictures of the blade were so underwhelming (is that a word?). Those pictures looked like the early lux blades when I first entered lightsaber-building forums 3 or 4 years ago. Very weak show in terms of the lighting. Their "modular" pieces are even worse looking. Ugh. For a company that made some damn good looking mass-produced sabers to make hasbro-looking pieces of crap...

I am psyched however about the blank handle template. I thought initially that the different pieces screwed together like the MHS. However, since they slide onto a single tube, it opens up the possibility of fan customization as was mentioned previously- a rather simple solution for a custom saber for those not electronic savvy. And the sound board sounds neat, with three different sound fonts...though Erv pretty much has that covered (and so much more...::drools:: )

As for me, I'll stick to MHS, Plecter, and the various fan businesses, etc. I still like being able to wield home-made sabers, even if various components come from elsewhere. It just feels different wielding a saber that you pour time and effort into as opposed to a mass-produced saber you can pick up from a store, even if it is a "modular" FX.

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

Agreed. Plus, I don't know of any store-bought sabers that offer a nearly 1" OD choke point that is 3" to 4" long. Or rechargeable setups.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide