Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Someone has maybe learnt a lesson, right at the end....

wheres the place that I buy it? cant find how much it is either
    --------------------------------------An You------------------------------------------
    Name: Drew/ An You
    Height:short :/
    Religeon: buddhist
    Preffered saber colour: purple (Prrrpll YUM!lol)
    Favorite alien species: Twi'lek (Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum!) "ROFLcopters"

Something smells fishy about this. It has all the hallmarks of a real product, but I wonder why it is showing up on a Singapore toy store website. A check of the UPC from the barcode says it is a Master Replicas product, but not this specific product. http://www.upcdatabase.com/itemnotfo...=0836453004292

My guess is that it is a prototype that was being developed before MR lost the SW license. I doubt very seriously you will ever see this hit the market since it's pretty late in the year for MR to bring this out. As most MR stuff is made in China, it's not inconceivable that it got leaked. I wouldn't hold my breath for it though.

Also, notice the RGB switch labels. I am willing to bet you are only capable of red, green, OR blue and no mixed colors.

I just noticed the price and availability unknown. I have a feeling they don't know since it's not in the official MR inventory or TBA system. Perhaps someone on one of the more MR freindly boards could post about it and see if anyone from MR has anything to say. Looks like it could have been a good product if it didn't come on the scene too late.

Wow, great work Ace! That's one thorough rocket to the planet of information Ace has...

I can't say I'm surprised, but... we all knew it'd only be a matter of time before LFL started aiming toward the "better" way. I imagine the product HAD to have some influence by LFL even though MR would naturally have been the actor behind the work.

I don't think this will stop the general idea of the product being made, although it may easily be by whatever other company ends up making the sabers for LFL.

Finally, yup, I agree that the RGB switches looked pretty digital (on/off)... but you never know if it was to be a potentiometer "slider" for each, and... you know, sort of "dimmers". Still... it doesn't matter, as it's relatively tough to get extra brightness from an RGB... unless it's RRR or GGG or whatever as I mentioned.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Looks like crap... I'm glad it will never see the light of day.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

I got my daily summary from the MR blog and there is a brief comment about it with the same link, but they do not give any information about whether it is a real product or a prototype.

I don't think it is a matter of LFL aiming for the better way but MR getting tired of the complaints about how fast the FX series break. I am sure they are swamped with replacement request because of all the blown leds. Perhaps they just wised up to what the public wanted. Sadly, it is too late to see if the new LED technology would have made it into the other FX sabers in the line.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I don't think it's MR wising up either... they obviously made no attempts to make it look better.

An RGB strip blade would be tough... they probably just figured a single LED would be easier. I still stand by the statement that I'm glad this won't be coming out... at least I hope not. I'm tired of hearing "Why don't you try ______'s blade?" enough already.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Will be interesting to see what the board is like. If the videos are real, red, green and blue modes seem to have different sounds.

And depending on the circumference of the hilt, could be inserted in a sinktube, for more a more simplified custom saber. If the LED's in the hilt as well, surely it wont be too hard to get the blade off(famous last words from 'butterfingers' here!).

Well, apparently Rebelscum spoke to MR & they've confirmed it to be going to radioshack for approx $99 each.

Why do I get the feeling us brits are gonna have to pay at least double that if it comes over here?
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Just say NO!
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

$99! I'll buy one from an american here for $105 if they can send it to britain
    --------------------------------------An You------------------------------------------
    Name: Drew/ An You
    Height:short :/
    Religeon: buddhist
    Preffered saber colour: purple (Prrrpll YUM!lol)
    Favorite alien species: Twi'lek (Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum!) "ROFLcopters"