Thread: Proper opperation of the Anakin AOTC FX

Default Proper opperation of the Anakin AOTC FX

First post. Very cool site. I have searched for this answer with no avail so hope it was not covered in a real obvious place.

Member of the R2 builders club and traded a few R2 parts for a pair of FX's for my 4 year old and I to play with. An Anakin ATOC and Vader EP2.

Is this correct for a Anakin ATOC FX? Switch on turns the EL on and sounds the saber extend noise. Turn it off does the reverse as it should. When I strike the blade I get the same power up/down sound which I believe is not correct. Can anyone verify this? Should there be a separate strike sound too like my Vader one has?

Vader has a burnt out LED which I know how to repair as soon as I get the strip out of the tube.

Thanks

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The Anakin should have clash sounds... more likely you have a crappy saber. That model had so many quality issues that some of them just plain didn't work. I have one of the boards and I can't get the thing to work... it's just a royal pain in the arse.

If you want to attempt repairs the saber isn't too hard to get apart. http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=5337.0
    RED LEADER Standing by!

I have 3 sound boards from those sabers, can't hear from any of them. worst FX ever.
    -Mars

Embrace the luxeon side of the Force... to bring light, into lightsabers

I had one of the first runs of that saber and I called MR to complain that it wasnt working and they recalled it for me and gave me a brand new saber which has always worked 100% for me. But this was in 2002. Its possible you have one from the defective run.
    RED 7 Standing by...

EL is pretty dead now...

Almost as dead as using a Lux I in a saber these days. Not cost-effective, not as bright, and not as much ability to "drive" it.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar
    EL is pretty dead now...

Almost as dead as using a Lux I in a saber these days. Not cost-effective, not as bright, and not as much ability to "drive" it.
    He still might want to fix it...
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar
    EL is pretty dead now...

hey... the proper lux I well-driven competes with a wrong lux III... and you get more run time :P
    -Mars

Embrace the luxeon side of the Force... to bring light, into lightsabers

lol @ a "wrong" Lux III setup, heheheh!

Well... that's a good point... hahahah
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

If I has an ep2 ani saber that dident work I would rip it apart and replace the eletronics with ones that does work and get rid of the crappy el.

If it was in good working order I would leave it alone.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

To me its not even worth converting. The saber is huge, its much heavier than even the Mace saber. Its completely out of proportion being that its the same size, almost exactly as the hasbro telescoping blade version. Its so bulky, plus (as stated before) its EL, meaning that it would be an added pain in the butt to take it apart. In the end, a nice collection piece, but not a saber that id want to convert and duel with. Just my opinion.
    RED 7 Standing by...