Thread: A tip for those who like the brass look...

Default A tip for those who like the brass look...

If you take some sandpaper to an anodized thumbscrew it comes out to match exactly a sink tube that has had the chrome removed.
    "vibrations within vibrations, traveling at the speed of color"

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

That statement sounds wrong to me. Only aluminum can be anodized. Chromed sink pipes are most often made of brass. Aluminum does not look like brass.

I guess that your thumbscrew was originally made of brass and then painted, or something. Btw, it is very difficult to get the anodizing out from the knurls on a thumbscrew, without damaging the pattern.

the black anodized thubscrew that tim sells will wear off over time and become a copper thumbscrew. friend of mine has one.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Just my info on the black ones available in the store, different material than the chromed ones. And yes you can't really get every speck of black out of the knurling, but unless you really examine it it looks fine.

I actually like the way they turn out after it fades and weares off. gives it an old used look. which I like in my sabers.

Yeah, i guess it doesn't necessarily match the polished brass look. With my hilt i just took the inital layer of chrome off and left a mix of the reddish mid layer and some a little deeper. After letting it just age for a month or so naturally it gives a nice weathered look, and the thumbscrew matches that.

Actually to quicken the brass aging without chemicals or waiting. go mess around with it for a while when your hands are really sweaty.

On mine It was shiny as hell. a couple hours of workout outside with my bro and it started to tarnish right up. that and theres a perminate dirt stain of sorts in my aluminum hilt parts. Only way to take it off is by sanding it.

But it turned out nicly. wish the rest of the parts would age and get dirty quickly.