1 0.86%
  • JudgeSaberSmith (Light Side)

0 0%
  • JudgeSaberSmith EP VI ROTJ

4 3.45%
  • PredatorSaber v2.0

2 1.72%
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: CF Sound Fonts by Novastar & CF OWNERS!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar
    As it is--my Episode II font (although it's ok)... is nothing special to me. I like the EP IV one--it's more distinguishable to the Obi v. Vader days. Ep II had some really weird "plonky" saber swings and the clashes seemed to be a mixture.
    I do love that Ep II font, but maybe a remedy to those "plunky" sounds, as you call them(I noticed em too, BTW) would be to take some swings and clashes that we KNOW sound good from other sound fonts you have made. I absolutely LOVE that idle hum and it is perfect in every way and at least half the swings sound perfect, so maybe keep those?

Just replace the plunky swings and clashes with similar sounding ones from Darkstar or Novastar and I think the font would be perfect IMO.

Oh, and the blade lock up is incredible IMO.

Actually... after listening with "fresh ears" (now that it's been a while since I had to design it)... I actually *DO* like my EP II font.

The plonky sounds and swings for EP II distinguish it, and although it's "weird", well... we would say this for Ancient Saber as well!

All a question of what our ears are "trained" for. I'm hoping to UN-train them so that new and interesting fonts can have a chance over "canon-SW-don't-you-dare-use-a-different-sound" fonts.

And killphil--*NO* I would not want to replace one font's sounds with the Nova or Blackstar stuff... that would defeat the purpose... the goal is to make each font unique in almost every way possible.

90% of every font I make is different from the next one... and sometimes it is 100% different!!!

* Updates to Ancient Saber has been made/uploaded!
    * Kung Fu "hum" sound gets revamped--a bit less annoying now...
    * PHOENIX FLAME SWORD now complete! We'll see about uploading it soon enough...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

phoenix online ! (preview is missing, I know)
    updated chainsaw package online !
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Ep2 one is okay... BUT the Ep4 font is like poop my pants awesome. When I get my next paypal payment you're going to get a cut.

Anyone want to buy my spare parts? LOL
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar
    And killphil--*NO* I would not want to replace one font's sounds with the Nova or Blackstar stuff... that would defeat the purpose... the goal is to make each font unique in almost every way possible.

90% of every font I make is different from the next one... and sometimes it is 100% different!!!
    Oh, OK. I didn't really mean swapping out all the sounds, just maybe a couple of the swings was all. Just an idea...

Thats actuall a pritty sweet idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus Lupus
    I'm trying to come up with a saber design unique/personal enough to be worth making and worthy of buttered toast. In the meantime I've had a crazy idea of making a Star Trek sound font for erv's board. I was thinking of the engine 'throbing' pulsing sound for the hum, with maybe warp noises for power up/down.
    It requires more thinking and finding suitable sample sounds, but it might be crazy enough to work

Edit: Turns out tractor beam sounds are darn near perfect for power on, hum and power off. I think this is do-able
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Thanks, if I broaden my scope and source sounds from some of the games I have, I should be able to get something unique but saber-esque. Doubt I'll match Novastar in quallity (and certainly not in quantity)
    I'm not anti-social, society is anti me

Saber-carying member of the FSM,
    Barfly at the Intergalactic Kegger

Quote Originally Posted by xwingband
    Ep2 one is okay... BUT the Ep4 font is like poop my pants awesome. When I get my next paypal payment you're going to get a cut.

Anyone want to buy my spare parts? LOL
    Thanks X... it is sorely needed. BOP III is in dire straits regarding funding. Well, that ultimately means myself, really. I guess I'd be a lot better off if I hadn't spent so much on BOP I and BOP II. But that is life.

What are these "spare" parts? Perhaps I could use them? I really don't know...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus Lupus
    Thanks, if I broaden my scope and source sounds from some of the games I have, I should be able to get something unique but saber-esque. Doubt I'll match Novastar in quallity (and certainly not in quantity)
    I am in full support of you, Angelus. It does not matter about quantity and all of that... just take your time, and if you've any questions--ASK. I'm here.

I am constantly learning from Erv, Corbin, Edwin... myself... you name it. My fonts are *FAR* from perfect. In fact, I've had to re-work nearly ALL of them recently after discovering X, Y and Z. Nothing others might notice though, hehehe....

Finally, best thing is to choose a concept focus first and go from there. I have trouble when my font doesn't have a clear direction. It becomes difficult.

As for Episode II for X-Wing... that's what the sounds are like... I cannot change it... it's what Ben Burtt had going on! Well, for Episode II.

Phoenix Pyre Sword sound font released!

Enjoy...

Hopefully we'll start getting some sort of "default" config files set up. Heaven knows, I could use people's help with this. If anyone has any cool config files they want to share that sort... how do we say it... "match up" with the given fonts they've installed--I'd love to see them. I know Erv already has some cool ones for the LEDs though...

For example, I imagine the Phoenix Pyre Sword glowing a bit more like a pulsing style... maybe with a super fast flicker???

Steel Sword
    --static blade, maybe only a non-visual amount of current regulation/flickering. Love Madcow's request for Erv to do instant on/off... perfect for Steel Sword too...

Ancient Saber
    --a lot of wild "digging" into the current, and a lot of randomness...

Chainsaw--probably somewhat similar to Ancient...

Kung Fu... I honestly have no idea.

Hoping others can help with this!!