1 0.86%
  • JudgeSaberSmith (Light Side)

0 0%
  • JudgeSaberSmith EP VI ROTJ

4 3.45%
  • PredatorSaber v2.0

2 1.72%
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread: CF Sound Fonts by Novastar & CF OWNERS!! :)

Default Almost there!!!!

Well... everything is just about turned into .RAW files now and "fully mixed" with the exception of EP V Re-mastered (not mixed with hum yet), Corbin's Killer Bee font(s), and a few stragglers.

So, we are looking at 11-14 *TOTALLY NEW FONTS* made by myself... plus the addition of something like 5-6 "guest fonts" by Eastern & Maximillian & Anatim & Shadeslinger, etc.

Which means it'll be around 20 fonts again, hahahah! NICE.

Additionally:

* New CD graphic for the LightScribe (duh)
    * I decided to do menu sounds for the new fonts... (done)
    * I re-did a new menu/menubackground music... (done)
    * I am considering re-doing at least SOME of the old menu "names" from the old CD (aka novastar menu name, blackstar, etc.) to match
    * EP II has two versions (dark & light), as I've mentioned
    * I'm considering two versions for EP IV as well... maybe...
    * I'm considering adding a few config files, but... they really aren't necessary since you'll have to "dial them in" yourselves ANYhow...

...but I'll provide some suggestions for certain fonts. For example, EP IV re-mastered should probably NOT be given much "pitch shift". You'd see why later, but... whatever. Just a suggestion.

"ResBlade" will be one where you WOULD want to go pretty "crazy" with the shifting. It was meant for that (hope it works that way)!!!

More soon enough! It's so near I can almost taste it.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    Well... everything is just about turned into .RAW files now and "fully mixed" with the exception of EP V Re-mastered (not mixed with hum yet), Corbin's Killer Bee font(s), and a few stragglers.

So, we are looking at 11-14 *TOTALLY NEW FONTS* made by myself... plus the addition of something like 5-6 "guest fonts" by Eastern & Maximillian & Anatim & Shadeslinger, etc.

Which means it'll be around 20 fonts again, hahahah! NICE.

Additionally:

* New CD graphic for the LightScribe (duh)
    * I decided to do menu sounds for the new fonts... (done)
    * I re-did a new menu/menubackground music... (done)
    * I am considering re-doing at least SOME of the old menu "names" from the old CD (aka novastar menu name, blackstar, etc.) to match
    * EP II has two versions (dark & light), as I've mentioned
    * I'm considering two versions for EP IV as well... maybe...
    * I'm considering adding a few config files, but... they really aren't necessary since you'll have to "dial them in" yourselves ANYhow...

...but I'll provide some suggestions for certain fonts. For example, EP IV re-mastered should probably NOT be given much "pitch shift". You'd see why later, but... whatever. Just a suggestion.

"ResBlade" will be one where you WOULD want to go pretty "crazy" with the shifting. It was meant for that (hope it works that way)!!!

More soon enough! It's so near I can almost taste it.

drooling!
    ...YUP!

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey Nova,

I have no experience with the CF or any other major sound board for that matter.

But I had an idea for a sound font:
    "Western Fling"
    You know with the old cheesy gunshots and old saloons...

Just thought I'd trow that one in there
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

cant wait Nova, any word on how much we are looking at paying for a cd yet? I need some more micro SD cards now, curse you and your awesome sound fonts!!!! lol

"During the constuction there was no doubt as to what I would name her, this saber is mine, this is Fury" - Mcich Felwind

Ok... just a fun little "FYI" thing while I'm making the finishing touches on the CD#2... Episode V re-mastered sounds great!! I really am finally more "definitively" happy with my EP II, EP IV, and EP V fonts now.

Oh, and by the way... I've managed to do a LITTLE bit more on some kind of "Plasma Sword" (in the style of Halo). Uhh... I don't like it very much, but... at least you'll see some sounds there for it. I *may* leave it "unfinished", but... either way... it will be there!

So now for the FYI... umm... let's see:

* I keep extra CDs burned and ready-to-go, as the burning of the information takes about 4-7 minutes (not kidding, it's 700MB)... and the LightScribing process takes 30 minutes (not kidding).

* I burn CDs in this order so it is absolutely impossible for me to ever make a mistake and send out a "blank" info CD. Info goes FIRST... then the L-Scribing...

* I generally keep 5-10 CDs ready and waiting since if someone orders... I may not have the time to do the above burning info if I'm teaching, tricking, training, building, demo-ing or just doing Darth Real-Life...

* By having the CDs "ready" and "in stock"... I often ship the CD only hours after an order is placed.

* CD#1 will ~NOT~ be discontinued for any reason. Until I say otherwise. Which is unlikely that I would.

* CD#2 will be available along with the next release of CF (it's actually 99.5% complete at this present moment)

* FYI: Yup, it actually costs me ~ $2.50 to ship a CD. Sometimes more, sometimes less (depends on the location). But that's why it is what it is.

* Much to my surprise, I've shipped to places I thought would never know the CD existed... such as Puerto Rico, Mexico (!), Norway, The Netherlands, Japan, Indonesia and Australia. Now... naturally I have many orders from the U.K. and U.S. ...

* The first order of my CD from France... that was NOT Erv... AND who did not order directly from Erv when he had copies of the CD#1 to sell (when it first was created)... was sold VERY RECENTLY (about a month ago).

* In my estimation, ~800 to ~1000 CF boards of one version or another have been made, and therefore--sold. Of these, I'd estimate that at least 75% of everyone who purchases ONE... attempts to or succeeds in ordering a SECOND (either at the same time, or later on). Even taking a generously "low" half of this number... it means around 300 to 400 people could benefit from having my CD#1 (and #2!!)

So anyhow... I thought all that info might be interesting to some of y'all...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)

sounds good nova... i'm hoping to get a crystal focus to put in one of my sabers...

is there any chance of getting custom CF sounds mixed? i had a neat idea for an ignition sequence, and was wondering if you could do it...
    I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, than have you love me for something that I'm not

I'll answer that in PM, Wraith, as it is more of a singular thing...

BTW, small update--as many know, CF will be coming on the 24th (unless there are setbacks, but that's doubtful). The CD#2 will definitely be ready by that time.

It's pretty much DONE now, too! I'm basically arranging the files at this point--so that they are organized similar to the way CD#1 was... adding extras and videos... and text descriptors, etc.

I'll probably start "burnin' 'em" pretty bloody soon!

*WHEW*

Man.

That was a TON of work. Hey-Soos Ker-EEEEESTAY!!!

Old thread I know... but Just an FYI...

* If you are planning on getting CD1 or CD2 (because you do not already have them)...
    * They are now converted over to .WAV for those who need them in such form...
    * The "old" .RAW versions will still be there for anyone who plans to solely use them exclusively for a CFv3 or v4 etc. that they own

MAKE CERTAIN TO *TELL ME* you need things in the .WAV or .RAW format if you're ordering, please! I'll ask you no matter what to confirm + be certain... but... if you see this thread before ordering--please help me help you. heheh

No need to post a response here, it's just a nice FYI for you guys!!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I know you said no need to reply here but I just want you to know that we appreciate how much time and effort you spend making these CDs in not only one format but two. Thanks for all you do and if there is anything we can do to help let us know.

The same goes for everyone who has made sound fonts for the CFs. Thanks for all the time and effort to guve us some killer sound fonts.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyen Skytracker View Post
    I know you said no need to reply here but I just want you to know that we appreciate how much time and effort you spend making these CDs in not only one format but two. Thanks for all you do and if there is anything we can do to help let us know.

The same goes for everyone who has made sound fonts for the CFs. Thanks for all the time and effort to guve us some killer sound fonts.
    Someone's getting a CF... which explain all the kiss up said person is doing
    Corbin_Das: If I got a tattoo below my waist, it'd say "Found someone you have I would say, hmmmm?"